Delkevic exhaust

I've just installed Delkevic's 14" silencers (last week) with the "slash cut" tips. I opted to go without the removable baffles. WOW! She sounds mean! I can't believe the difference. Money well spent... that's for sure!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
Re: Delkevic exhaust.

I've just installed Delkevic's 14" silencers (last week) with the "slash cut" tips. I opted to go without the removable baffles. WOW! She sounds mean! I can't believe the difference. Money well spent... that's for sure!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Now that's what I like to hear, no pun intended. Just ordered mine yesterday from Matt for my 1100. Got the full system.

Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES

Thinking about doing something similar to my FJR but just haven't pulled the trigger on them yet. Glad you like them!

Mmmmm, Wondering how to 'sort' the sound of the ST. Several mates have commented, and even my wife says, 'It just doesn't sound like a motorbike!'

Bike
1994 ST1100

I love Delkevic! My ST1100 sounds great and cagers can actually hear me now. On my KLR I spent $600 for Two Brothers and after 3K miles I had to replace it (packing and carbon fiber can was cooked for some reason...). Now I have Delkevic on both bikes and loving it.

Mark

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A

Come one guys..... George Jetson's car has a cool sound!!!:)

Put two Bros on two of my bikes...... Titanium on the black 06 and the carbon fiber ones that came with the 06 I put on the 05. Haven't had any packing issues. First owner of the 06 put 30k on the carbon cans and then repacked....Said the original packing was in great shape and probably didn't need to be done. No sound difference he claimed.

I like the slightly muted tone the "power tips" do to the sound. Without them it is a little loud for those following....

ToddC

Bike
2009 ST 1300

Come one guys..... George Jetson's car has a cool sound!!!:)

I like the slightly muted tone the "power tips" do to the sound. Without them it is a little loud for those following....

ToddC
+1 on the power tips love the sound.

Bike
2004 st1300

has anyone done the "whole" exhaust from delkevic, including replacing the head pipes with their headers? is there any appreciable difference with the headers, or is most of the benefit from just the mufflers?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

has anyone done the "whole" exhaust from delkevic, including replacing the head pipes with their headers? is there any appreciable difference with the headers, or is most of the benefit from just the mufflers?
I didn't know they offered the entire system. Maybe someone has done this but I can't remember anyone saying they have.

http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_2621_7530_7723_7728&category_string=Motorcycles > Honda > 2012 > ST1300 PAN EUROPEAN (2002-2016) > Complete Systems

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #

$700 to get 2 HP? I can't believe they even post that HP curve. Another confirmation for me that aftermarket exhaust is just a big waste of money.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

$700 to get 2 HP? I can't believe they even post that HP curve. Another confirmation for me that aftermarket exhaust is just a big waste of money.
Not sure it's a full 2hp...

I like the sound of the delkevics myself so it was worth the money for the exhausts only, did the same on the Super Tenere. I don't feel the headers are worth it at all.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

It's nice looking kit — all except the mufflers themselves. Not my style anyway.

I put a set of headers on a car years back. They made a really noticeable difference in performance but were a real bear to install. The Delkevic pipes are pretty but will be pretty much hidden for the most part.

Are the ST's pipes stainless? The Delkevic site is really slow loading for me so I gave up. But it didn't seem to tout any advantages of their products though I could have easily missed that.

I've grown to tolerate the look of the ST's mufflers but I really wish there were some nice retro-looking aftermarket mufflers available instead of replica-racer cans. Are the catalytic converters part of the pipes or the muffler? I wouldn't be trying to eliminate them but if they had to go because of new sharp looking mufflers oh well...

I only modded the exhaust of two bikes— my 305 Scrambler (CL77) and my 750-K4 and really liked the resulting sounds. Occasionally I wonder what the ST would sound like but when my ST ridin' buddy rolls by that goes away. Realistically the only sound I'd like more is that of an electric bike.

MattInDenver

Shall Be known as MattInMadison
Bike
2012 ST1300 2006 VFR
Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar

I am sticking with my oem mufflers. But I understand the attraction for some owners to the Dell's or the TBR's. As far as performance increase goes,,, the aftermarket cans offer an improved overall power to weight ratio,, which likely surpasses any hp gains. imho,,, Cat'

Bike
'05 ST1300 "STinger"

I am sticking with my oem mufflers. But I understand the attraction for some owners to the Dell's or the TBR's. As far as performance increase goes,,, the aftermarket cans offer an improved overall power to weight ratio,, which likely surpasses any hp gains. imho,,, Cat'
On that note. I could lose 60-70 lb and see a better power/weight ratio and be healthier :)

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #

Yeah, buying new exhaust to "save weight" on an ST is like drinking diet coke to lose weight when you weigh 400 lbs. For us ST riders, a few pounds is meaningless.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

For me, it wasn't weight savings or power which is truly a joke with any aftermarket exhaust... it was the sound, I just liked it better.. also, at least with the oval delkevics you don't have to mess with them for a tire change.. The ST1100s have a nice convenient dent on the right side of the exhaust for removing the axle... no idea why they didn't do that for the ST1300.

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT

For me, it wasn't weight savings or power which is truly a joke with any aftermarket exhaust... it was the sound, I just liked it better.. also, at least with the oval delkevics you don't have to mess with them for a tire change.. The ST1100s have a nice convenient dent on the right side of the exhaust for removing the axle... no idea why they didn't do that for the ST1300.
I agree. With the baffles in, it is a nice mellow (sorry) sound. Other aftermarket pipes, I will not ride behind!

Greg

Top Bottom