Delkevic exhaust

$700 to get 2 HP? I can't believe they even post that HP curve. Another confirmation for me that aftermarket exhaust is just a big waste of money.
If you look at the description in the graph is says "delkevic silencer" vs "oem silencer" so maybe that is just a generic graph showing slip on results. Maybe not, just a thought

and as a side note, I just put my delkevic's on last night (previous owner gave me a new set with the bike) and I left the baffles in. Any louder and I dont think I would like it. It sounds just right now as far as volume.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Re: Delkevic exhaust.

If you look at the description in the graph is says "delkevic silencer" vs "oem silencer" so maybe that is just a generic graph showing slip on results. Maybe not, just a thought

and as a side note, I just put my delkevic's on last night (previous owner gave me a new set with the bike) and I left the baffles in. Any louder and I dont think I would like it. It sounds just right now as far as volume.
Agreed, but even if the whole Delkevic system was installed and you gained 10HP and saved 10 lbs, it still seems like a waste of money for this type of bike. If you could get 50HP, now we're talking. That being said, if sound or looks are what your after, well that's a whole different set of rules...

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

even if the whole Delkevic system was installed and you gained 10HP and saved 10 lbs, it still seems like a waste of money for this type of bike.
That would be a pretty optimistic gain in itself let alone 50/10. But given the way some people ride 10/10 would probably be a noticeable improvement if the wallet could handle it. Happy with the sound and looks the 10/10 would be a nice perk.

But yeah buy it for the sound and looks. Get a Li-Fe or whatever battery and save a few more pounds.

Bike
03 st 1300

I've had my 03 ST for a couple of weeks and it has the stainless steel round delkevic cans on it. The PO put them on right out of showroom years ago. I've got the stock mufflers wrapped in celephane. I like the looks of the stock cans, but I really like the looks of the delkevics, and the sound makes me feel like a kid with a muscle car back in the late 60's. I can see something inside the can but don't know if my baffles are in or not. There pretty loud, occasionally I get a little pop out of them that doesn't bother me.
I never considered changing the exhaust on my gl1000 and it's the quietest bike of them all. And my fj1100 is stock too.
I will have to call delkevic and ask about how to tell if my baffles are in there or not, if they are, there's no way I would like them taken out. The bike would be way to loud for me.

I change my OEM exhaust to the Delkevics because I got tired of listening to my son tell me the bike sounded like "Jetson mobile" .....you guys with stock exhausts know what I'm talking about :cool:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

I never considered changing the exhaust on my gl1000 and it's the quietest bike of them all.
I REALLY liked the sound and quiet of my GL1000 exhaust and the look of the mufflers. I don't think anybody could have made mufflers that looked any better and I saw some that looked pretty bad.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar

One of our forum members was selling his bike,,, and decided to put the oem exhausts back on, and list his 18" ss oval Delkevic's fo sale. I had no burning plans to try an aftermarket system,,, as I like a quiet bike over long distances. And I also think that the ST13's stock exhausts are kind of cool,,, unique and a bit of the models signature. But the price was right,,, and I decided to give them a try. Now, I have always felt that quiet power is elegant,,, and I do wear an excellent pair of custom moulded earplugs. However,, I thought that if I did not like these mufflers,,, I could easily return to my stockers,, and resell the aftermarkets. The Del's arrived in pristine shape,, and the installation was a snap. Now after a couple of days worth of short rides,,, I am surprisingly impressed. The new can's are quiet at speed and give a nice tone on both acceleration and deceleration's. I was stunned when my wife said,, "those sound a lot better". Now, except for her,,, I really am not concerned what my bike sounds like to other people. But I have had nothing but complements from bystanders and neighbours. The only time I don't care much for the tone, is at idle,,, and low rev's (kind of sounds like it has a major exhaust leak). Fortunately,, I don't spend much time in those zones. But the icing on the cake is,,, according to the old butt dyno,,, a few extra "torques",, as Jeremy Clarkson would say. And,,, no after-burning (popping,, or backfire) when engine braking. I am lucky to have a super smooth engine,,, and that has not changed,, if anything it is a bit stronger. So it is all good at this point,, and further testing is indicated,,, quick, before the snow flies ,,,, Maybe in spring I will pull the baffles out,,,, nah !! cheers, Cat'

Last edited:
Bike
07 ST1300

I like my staintunes with the baffles in for sure. I could not handle the stock pipes with the balancer whine. Very annoying to me. I would have gone stainless delkevics had I not found the staintunes cheap.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar

Glad that you found a solution, Jim. I don't mind the balancer whine at all. While it was a bit puzzling at first,,, then it kind of grew on me after a weeks riding. My new Del's in no way cancel the whine out, as their sound is low frequency and the whine is higher. And the Del's sound is quite,,, forgive me,, muffled and complements the engine sound. Cheers, Cat'

Bike
07 ST1300

Glad that you found a solution, Jim. I don't mind the balancer whine at all. While it was a bit puzzling at first,,, then it kind of grew on me after a weeks riding. My new Del's in no way cancel the whine out, as their sound is low frequency and the whine is higher. And the Del's sound is quite,,, forgive me,, muffled and complements the engine sound. Cheers, Cat'
No the whine is definitely still there, but it seems more in the background now with the tunes adding some low to the mix. I keep the baffle in my mufflers as well. Far to loud without, and my preference is total silence, or as I say, "stealth mode".
The whine on my bike seems very loud. I forget about it when the revs are up and the tunes are singing like a far off WW2 war plane. Awesome noise.
I have never heard another ST to compare with though. I am guessing the delkovics with baffles sound very much the same.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar

+1 Jim,, the aftermarkets seem to add some balance to the choir. I am looking forward to a full day ride,,, say 6 to 8 hours,,, as that is the real test. But it likely will not happen till next year now. It is time for me to move on to tires and brakes,,, cheers, Cat'

No the whine is definitely still there, but it seems more in the background now with the tunes adding some low to the mix. I keep the baffle in my mufflers as well. Far to loud without, and my preference is total silence, or as I say, "stealth mode".
The whine on my bike seems very loud. I forget about it when the revs are up and the tunes are singing like a far off WW2 war plane. Awesome noise.
I have never heard another ST to compare with though. I am guessing the delkovics with baffles sound very much the same.

Bike
'04 BLUE ST13

I have not opened them. I got that through research prior to purchasing. There is a packing in the TB, and apparently not in the Delkevic.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I just purchased a new set of the 18" S/S Del's and both the instruction / maintenance packet they send with it as well as their web-site state that they can be re-packed as required, and when needed dictated by bike tune and riding style. The packing looks to be like all the other Makers........

Bike
2003 ST1300 ABS

I have had the Delkevics on my ST1300 for about 6000 miles and the best part for me is no more heat from the Cat Converters (my feet and legs use to roast in town in the summer) You really only hear them on acceleration and not so much on the highway at speed.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I had to search and found this post. I want exhaust other than G. Jetson's car, so looking at 2 Bros or Delvenic. What I am getting from this is 2 Bros with the power tips is the fav? Anyone tell me any different? Come on, I just wanna be like ToddC.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I had to search and found this post. I want exhaust other than G. Jetson's car, so looking at 2 Bros or Delvenic. What I am getting from this is 2 Bros with the power tips is the fav? Anyone tell me any different? Come on, I just wanna be like ToddC.
Tim, Many aspire to reach such heights......only the strong of mind and heart can ever attain these levels of greatness. :ang1:And a nice set of pipes doesn't hurt.....:burnout

I Wana be like you pilot boy......

T

OhioDeere

Been There, Done That, Got the Shirt.
Bike
06 ST1300
So I'm interested in a set of Delkevics.. Not sure which ones? Stainless or Fiber? length?
recommendations?

MattInDenver

Shall Be known as MattInMadison
Bike
2012 ST1300 2006 VFR
I bought the full system with the tri oval exhaust last week. I will update this post in about a week. I am looking forward to experiencing less heat and the weight loss.

Top Bottom