Setting Sensitivity on Honda AVERTO Alarm system

FL-STrider

Roughing it smoothly
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Ajusting the Sensitivity of the Honda AVERTO movement detector - sensor.

The movement sensor in this security system has 8 different levels of sensitivity, which can be set via the radio transmitter (key fob). These 8 levels fall into 2 main categories: HIGH sensitivity (basically intended for motorcycles), LOW sensitivity (basically intended for scooters); within each group 4 different settings are possible.

To adjust sensitivity, operate as follows:
a. Make sure the ignition switch is off.
b. Press the left button on the transmitter to arm the unit as you would normal do.
c. After the turn indicators have extinguished, turn the ignition key ON and wait about 15 seconds, the LED extinguishes for a couple of seconds.

During this time period press the LEFT button of the transmitter to select the HIGH sensitivity category, or push the right button to select the LOW sensitivity category: the unit will beep once if it was previously set to the low sesitivity or three times if it was set to the high sensitivity. (REMARK: this is meant to give you the opportunity to see how the system was set).

At this stage the LED will start cycling through 4 different flashing frequencies. THE QUICKER THE FLASHING, THE HIGHER THE SENSITIVITY. (Remark: the starting point is the sensitivity the system was previously set to).

Turn the ignition OFF when you come to the sensitvity level you wish to select; the unit will beep once and flash the indicators to confirm the success of the operation.

REMARK: I strongly recommend that you perform this procedure at home as you will want to test different settings and you can easily run your battery flat.

OP
OP
FL-STrider

FL-STrider

Roughing it smoothly
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
This is the European Spec Honda Averto OEM security system. It is a plug and play alarm system for the ST1300 and was offered by Honda as an optional accessory in most EU countries. I imported mine several years ago. I posted this info because user/owner manuals are practically non-exsistent for this alarm. It is made by SPYBALL Motorcycle Electronics and is based on their model 6527. I know we have some oversea members and thought they might find the info helpful.

Top Bottom