Front SS Z Brake Lines

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
Went to install my front ss braided brake line kit yesterday. There were two full length brake lines. ***?
It's the wrong kit. My front oem line has a splitter fitting in it at the fender level to feed the right caliper too.

I call the vendor. No, there's no fitting in the line running from the master to the left caliper.

Humm?

No, I haven't looked at the hardware kit. Ah, I see (as he picked up his hammer and saw....). There is a double long banjo bolt and both hoses run full length now between the master and their respective caliper.

I have to move to Colorado. Great ideas, hah.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
Sounds like you got the same lines that I got from another vendor. The lines are long enough to run from each caliper all the way to the master cylinder. Then they connect to the MC with the long banjo bolt. That's the set-up.

Bike
1997 ST1100
Ditto on the twin lines. I just put on Galfer SS lines and there are two, long lines that go from the master to each side. They came marked left and right and had a specific order on how to attach at the top master housing. They also came with a longer banjo bolt. Hook 'em up and enjoy better braking feel. They made a difference over the 18year old OEM lines.

OP
OP
lomita

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
That's exactly what it was, twin banjo length with two lines. I like it, alot. No more crossover the fender plumbing!

Top Bottom