Idle adjustment problem

Hello,

I encountered my first problem with my 98 ST 1100 that I have owned for a 2 1/2 years. The bike runs very well except that it was idling just a little slow, so I tried to increase the idle using the adjusting screw near the gas filler cap. I couldn't increase the idle when turning the adjustment screw. After I had played around with the adjustment knob turning it both directions to see if the idle would adjust up or down, the bike started to idle so low that it wants to stall. A quick look at in my clymer manual didn't give me any ideas what to look for or where. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I suspect you'll need to take the plastic off and trace the cable to verify that is attached correctly...

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
:plus1: And I wouldn't be surprised if the "screw" that the flexible adjustment shaft is connected to at the carbs, needs some cleaning and lubricating.

Typed in St. Ignace, MI

lomita

In God We Trust
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
I think you need to pull the bowls off the carbs. Betcha money you're gonna see clogged pilot jets.

Last edited:
Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
If the cable slips out of the little notch in the plastic catch pan, turning the know will do little good. The housing will be free to twist, and return when you release the knob.

Top Bottom