Corbin passenger seat

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
I have a Corbin riders saddle,, and am wondering about improving on my pillions oem seat. But it does not seem that Corbin currently lists a matching rear saddle. They do list the smuggler compartment,, which is a nice option for solo riding,, although it is super pricey. Am I missing something ?? I did think I saw some modified rear oem seats on a few ST 13 bikes that attended Onstoc. Perhaps they are a Spencerized product ?? Anyone know ?? thx,, Cat'

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I have a Corbin riders saddle,, and am wondering about improving on my pillions oem seat. But it does not seem that Corbin currently lists a matching rear saddle. They do list the smuggler compartment,, which is a nice option for solo riding,, although it is super pricey. Am I missing something ?? I did think I saw some modified rear oem seats on a few ST 13 bikes that attended Onstoc. Perhaps they are a Spencerized product ?? Anyone know ?? thx,, Cat'

When I had mine primary seat made by Rick Meyer I had the passenger seat rebuilt for the pillion too. I'm sure some of the others custom builders will also personalize both.
Also, some of the companies will recover the passenger seat, not customize the foam, so it matches the rider seat.

OP
OP
Catmandu2
Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
OP
OP
Catmandu2
Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Just got off the phone with Corbin,,, and turns out they never made a passenger saddle for the ST13. Their "Configurator" gives me the opportunity to draft up a beautiful photo of just what I want,,, but the reason it won't spit out a price is that they won't build it. They do offer the Dual Canyon seat which is driver and passenger,, but that is not what I am looking for. And my wife definitely should not sit on a smuggler !! Looks like building a custom on top of an oem rear pan (which I have), it the way to go. Ironically,,, I could ask RDL to do that,,, but that is pricey. More research is indicated,,, Cat'

OP
OP
Catmandu2
Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Okay,, the potential solution just arrived in the mail. As per MaxPete's review,, I ordered the Triboseat anti-slip seat cover. Looks not bad, for $20 shipped from England. This is going to allow wifey to use her super-duper sheepskin/gel/foam pad,, without sliding into me at every stop. Testing begins in the spring !! Cat'

Dave.David

Rider
Bike
05,ST1300-04VTX1800R
STOC #
Okay,, the potential solution just arrived in the mail. As per MaxPete's review,, I ordered the Triboseat anti-slip seat cover. Looks not bad, for $20 shipped from England. This is going to allow wifey to use her super-duper sheepskin/gel/foam pad,, without sliding into me at every stop. Testing begins in the spring !! Cat'
I got one, GF loves it, and even my gloves don't slip off when parked.

Top Bottom