Sena and android?

Bike
2008 ST 1300
STOC #
I have a sena smh10 and a galaxy note 5 and I can't seem to get them to cooperate with each other well. I can listen to music and hear my GPS bit can make or answer calls or text.

Does anyone have sena and android and know how to get it to work for phone and text? It works flawlessly with an iPhone but horribly on my Note.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I have a Sena 20S and Galaxy S7 Edge, which aren't the same as your setup but similar. I use the Google App to make phone calls or texts. Tap the Sena's jog dial, and say "Hey Google, call Sheila at work" or "send text to Sheila on mobile". You need to allow the Google App access to your contacts. It will ask you for permission if it's not already enabled.

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
I have a Sena 20S and Galaxy S7 Edge, which aren't the same as your setup but similar. I use the Google App to make phone calls or texts. Tap the Sena's jog dial, and say "Hey Google, call Sheila at work" or "send text to Sheila on mobile". You need to allow the Google App access to your contacts. It will ask you for permission if it's not already enabled.
Exactly what Google app are you using?
Is it S voice?

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have a couple of Sena 20Ss and I'm still trying to figure them out.

I have my Android cell phone connected to my Garmin 660, then the Garmin connected to my Sena 20S(s). I find that if I start up the Garmin, wait for it to see my phone, then start the Sena, I have fewer issues getting the Sena connected. Although sometimes I have to shut the Sena back off and turn it back on before it connects. My biggest problem is patience (which I have none) in waiting for things to connect.

I actually swap them around as one will go low on power, it sits in my tankbag recharging, while I use the charged one.

I do need to spend some more time with them to figure them out better. I also need to re-sync one of them though. One will say "phone connected" while the other says "device connected". I think one is connected to the second phone, while the other is not.:confused:

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Dave here is the description it does voice commands

Get news, weather and sports updates, and even search hands-free using your voice. The more you use the Google app, the better results you get. Transform the way you search on the go.
Ask Google to help you do things:
- “What are good restaurants nearby?”
- “Where is my package?”
- “Remind me to call mom at 5 pm.”

Talk instead of type*:
- Say “Ok Google” from any screen and ask a question
- Google will speak the answer aloud

Personalize your Google Now feed and get notifications*:
- Start your morning with weather, news & traffic
- Get updates on sports, movies & events
- Be up to speed with the latest stock market changes

Learn more about what the Google app can do for you: http://www.google.com/search/about

*features might not be available in all countries

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Exactly what Google app are you using?
Is it S voice?
The Google App (that's what it's called). Sort of like Siri in functionality: "OK, Google, send text to DaveM..." Search for Google App on the Play Store. See my screen grab below.

I turned off S Voice because it wasn't happy playing with the Sena. Google App works much better in my experience.

Attachments

Last edited:

MR Q.

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
I have the 20S and it works fine with my Andriod. I do not have my GPS in the loop though. Calls are made using the phone button on the set and for the radio and music and use the voice commands of the Sena.

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
I set up the google app. it mostly works for me. I can get it to send a text and the text goes out but I have no record of the text. In other words it gets to the person I sent it to but does not show up on my phone. I don't know if I am doing something wrong..

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Got rid of S-voice and set up google app, works great so much better than s-voice. Thanks!

OP
OP
Nm767
Bike
2008 ST 1300
STOC #
Does the Google Apps read your incoming texts to you like Siri does on iPhone?

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Does the Google Apps read your incoming texts to you like Siri does on iPhone?

Good question, I don't know have not tried that. Maybe someone else can answer that.

OP
OP
Nm767
Bike
2008 ST 1300
STOC #
If I know someone is set-up this way... I'm sending some dirty little text messages! :rofl1:
When I had my iPhone my friends would literally do that because they knew my sena would read them to me. Well Siri would read them to me. It was hilarious

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
I had a gf that used an MP3 player with some bone transducer headphones to listen to music while she swam laps. She left it with me one time to load some music on for her. I dropped on 30 or so MP3's, but had the computer do a volume leveling and lowering before I transferred them.

Then in the middle of those I dropped on a sound clip of Robin Williams doing 'Good Morning Vietnam!' at regular (full) volume.

We are no longer dating.

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I had the Galaxy 5S ---it has bluetooth issues--had a lot of connection problems and from what I read on the internet--they all do. I finally fixed it with a new bluetooth app. I had to play with it for months to make it work right--I finaly got a new iphone 6--good luck

Top Bottom