Goldwing foot pegs sound like the answer

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
They look very similar to the stock ST1300 pegs? Would they work?
Those are GoldWing foot pegs. Put those next to ST foot pegs and you'd see the difference easily.

Take those GW pegs off the metal mounts and they should fit the ST. They look exactly like the ones on my bike now.

Can you pick those up from the seller? You'd be paying shipping for parts you don't need.

I can't lean it over as far without dragging a peg...
With my sedate riding style that's not a problem. Of course I could tell everybody 'Yeah I drag the pegs all the time. Waddya mean why are all the chicken strips 2" wide?'

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
When I converted my STock rider pegs to the GL1800 pegs, I replaced the bolt on the underside of the peg, near the end, that attaches the rubber to the metal frame, with a longer bolt and about 5 washers. This moves the bolt head about 3/8" to 1/2" lower and hits the ground first when scrapping pegs. The bolt and washers are . . . cheaper than a new peg and rubber, with replacement parts available at any ACE, Home Depot or other hardware store.

:)
Shuey

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
If I ordered new pegs from Honda, are #1, 5 and 9 all that I need for one side foot peg?

thanks

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
You'll also need 6, 26, & 24. You can use the #6 pin from your old ST pegs; not sure if the ST parts will replace #26 and #24, but they're common hardware you should be able to find anywhere.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
The only things in common with the ST and Wing foot pegs are the pins washers and cotter pins that are already on the ST.

I believe this list courtesy of JMartin will get you everything you'd need to assemble a set of GW pegs:

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Thanks for the information.....I'll try my local honda dealership first asking for the "left over" pegs which I am confident to get the answer "NO" :)

STOC #
Thanks for the information.....I'll try my local honda dealership first asking for the "left over" pegs which I am confident to get the answer "NO" :)
Many have had good luck checking with shops that "Trike" the Gold Wings... they tend to swap out foot-pegs for floor-boards often.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
JMartin said:
Many have had good luck checking with shops that "Trike" the Gold Wings... they tend to swap out foot-pegs for floor-boards often.
This is where I got mine still it decent shape. Occasionally the guy will get someone in who's ridden their brand new 'Wing off the showroom floor to his shop for conversion. He had a whole box of pegs but was not about giving any away! lol Looking at Jim's price list I wouldn't hesitate to place the same order should a local search not turn up suitable pegs.

STOC #
... How do I know if I have the OEM pegs already on or not?
Those are standard ST pegs. I can tell by the direction of the rubber slots.
Gold Wing pegs are wider and have a "waffle" type pattern in the rubber.
You can see the difference in this photo:

Compare.jpg

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Those are standard ST pegs. I can tell by the direction of the rubber slots.
Gold Wing pegs are wider and have a "waffle" type pattern in the rubber.
You can see the difference in this photo:

Compare.jpg
thanks.....I'll definitely be getting some GW pegs.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Those are stock 1100 pegs. I have both. I do like the GW pegs, but in actuality, I don't notice any difference other than looks.

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Got my gold wing pegs today from Partzilla. They are huge compared to the ST pegs. I still have to buy the bolts as I didn't order them online.

I saw on here they were around $60 US to purchase. My dealership wanted around $130 after tax, to get them and I got them for around $85 online through partzilla with no duty charges. They shipped through UPS mail innovations then USPS....Seems that's the ticket for Canadian cross border purchases.

Thanks for the pegs idea.....

Attachments

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Looks like I may have to get the acorn nut bolts at the dealership. Not a common bolt it seems. I got the two headed, three eyeball look when I asked them at the fasteners stores. :)
The smaller bolt from the ST peg works in the Goldwing peg though.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Looks like I may have to get the acorn nut bolts at the dealership. Not a common bolt it seems. I got the two headed, three eyeball look when I asked them at the fasteners stores. :)
The smaller bolt from the ST peg works in the Goldwing peg though.
I have had no problem getting them at . . . Ace. FWIW

Shuey

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
I have had no problem getting them at . . . Ace. FWIW

Shuey
Really.....The only other place that I can check would be home depot. We don't have Ace here but I was sure that our fasteners stores would have them.

thanks for the info...

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
They're also known as 'cap nuts' in case shopkeepers think you're a little squirrely.

Top Bottom