an Old Guy going camping

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
Excellent, as always. Looking forward to seeing the next video of that ride.

John STeele
Peace and All Good

STOC #
"Spring water that's been fermented..." HAHAhaha..... ugh. Love it.
Looks like a genuinely relaxing time.

I've got to get into this motorcycle camping soon.
Well... maybe next summer.

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
Well done. Sure makes me want to do solo camping too. Actually have thought about already. My camping has always, for most of my adult life, has been in a camper. And there has never been a time when I went camping solo. Through the years it has been my wife and I in a pop-up. We had me and the wife, her mother, and up 7 kids in that pop-up until we finally outgrew it. Moved up to a travel trailer, though the price was right, it proved to be too small in a hurry. Now we were sleeping 8 kids and three adults. We would have the older kids tent outside and younger ones sleep with our friends at the campsite. One morning, decided it was time to move up once again. Now we have a 30' with a slider. Works out, most times the older kids, now adult college kids, aren't there when we go camping. They stop in to visit, but go home instead of staying the night. But we've had 6 kids and 2 adults work. Someone ends up on the floor, ha-ha.
Anyhow, sorry for rambling. Felt moved to share with y'all after seeing your video.

John STeele
Peace and All Good

Bike
'09 1300
STOC #
Personally, I've never seen a campground so crowded. It's always the 2-legged critters that make me nervous when camping. The 4-legged ones normally keep their distance! Still, I used to really enjoy motorcycle camping. I'm getting where a comfortable bed is really appreciated at night. But, this encourages me schedule a couple overnight campouts.

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
As always Jim...loved the videos. Ahhhh.....summer. I have a friend who has her pilots licence and her own plane. Told me about the lint trick for fire. She packs it in her crash bag......which she hopes she will never have to use! We used to camp with a hard top. Thought we had it made after sleeping in a tent for a few years. Kids loved it too. Then they lost interest....my truck blew up. Such is life. Never understood the generators going all hours and many of the parks wouldn't enforce quiet hours. Also don't understand the mega trailers with satellite TV and microwaves etc...not camping IMO...but each to his own. Love camping coffee!

Cheers!

Bike
'09 1300
STOC #
It's definitely easier when you have a camping partner with another MC. It looks like you have a very organized camping setup. I leave a pencil and notepad with my camp gear. I can make a list of what I should have left behind and what I need to bring next time. I noticed that you left your campsite unattended when you left for a while. I don't know if I would be so trusting!

Woodchuck

(Lyle)
Bike
2018 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Great job Jim
Its been a few months, but nice to see you again. I still have all my canoe camping gear, I should try the bike camping thing, so thanks for the inspiration.
Lyle

OP
OP
Jim C-G
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Great job Jim
Its been a few months, but nice to see you again. I still have all my canoe camping gear, I should try the bike camping thing, so thanks for the inspiration.
Lyle
Hi Lyle,
Thanks... I am going to get out a lot more camping-wise if it kills me next year lol. I feel the need for a cross continent run... maybe. Our National Park System has no entry fee for Canadians next year (camping fees in place still) to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the founding of the parks. Almost enough excuse? I've still go to get the bulk video and pics off to you from the summer... and I have at least 100 more hours of general riding video to edit over the winter lol.
Jim

OP
OP
Jim C-G
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Personally, I've never seen a campground so crowded. It's always the 2-legged critters that make me nervous when camping. The 4-legged ones normally keep their distance! Still, I used to really enjoy motorcycle camping. I'm getting where a comfortable bed is really appreciated at night. But, this encourages me schedule a couple overnight campouts.
I don't know... maybe it is because I have mostly camped in Canada... but I have never been worried about leaving my tent and gear for the day. Now, i would never left camera gear or valuables in the tent... but I have certainly left sleeping gear, coolers and cooking gear behind when doing day trips from a "base" camp. Of course one does want to do a little pickin' and choosin' as far as where one is going to stay. I don't mind an air mattress, but I am starting to hate getting up off the ground lol... yes, tent trailer in my future within 3 years?

OP
OP
Jim C-G
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
As always Jim...loved the videos. Ahhhh.....summer. I have a friend who has her pilots licence and her own plane. Told me about the lint trick for fire. She packs it in her crash bag......which she hopes she will never have to use! We used to camp with a hard top. Thought we had it made after sleeping in a tent for a few years. Kids loved it too. Then they lost interest....my truck blew up. Such is life. Never understood the generators going all hours and many of the parks wouldn't enforce quiet hours. Also don't understand the mega trailers with satellite TV and microwaves etc...not camping IMO...but each to his own. Love camping coffee!

Cheers!
We'll have to try for a ride next season.... and yes, all the trappings of convenience so not a camping trip make.

Top Bottom