Headlight adjust

Bike
02 st1100a
On my 02 1100 the adjuster is turned all the way down and the brights still shine up in the trees. I checked the adjuster and it moves through the full range. I know my rear shock is fairly worn out, could I be sagging in the rear that much?

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
On my 02 1100 the adjuster is turned all the way down and the brights still shine up in the trees. I checked the adjuster and it moves through the full range. I know my rear shock is fairly worn out, could I be sagging in the rear that much?
Have the bulbs been changed recently?

John STeele
Peace and All Good

OP
OP
Bike
02 st1100a
Not that I know of. Unless it was before I bought it. I seldom ride in the dark.

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
It's difficult to do, but they can be installed incorrectly and maybe they're not seated properly. I had experienced a bulb not being seated correctly, but don't recall having to make such an adjustment. Maybe since one was installed correctly.

Anyway, wanted to throw that out there fwiw.

John STeele
Peace and All Good

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bike
02 st1100a
Just to follow up, I pulled the bulbs (##@$&*) and apparently the PO had changed bulbs to a standard H4 but did not use the adapter ring, so the bulbs were not sitting flat. Adapter rings ordered.

Top Bottom