You know you love your ST (or other ride) when...

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
It was a very chilly morning here on Canada's southern coast at Windsor, ON - 4C or about 39 deg. F. At about 7:30 AM, I put on a shirt, jeans, leather jacket and medium-weight gauntlets and full-face helmet and foolishly set out on a 20 mile ride to the next town to have breakfast in a little diner that I like. At first, the sunny morning was crisp and pleasant but very soon, I was damned cold and realised that I really should have put on my thermal suit and used the heavier gloves for a ride today on my totally unfaired 1976 standard Yamaha XS650C.

I know that I would have been much more comfortable on my big liquid cooled fully-faired Honda ST1300 (that thing throws enough heat that even on a cold day, I`m fine - but it just seemed like a "vintage" sort of a day to me... Oh well - I used to be young and foolish and now I'm old and foolish I guess.

Anyhow, I truly was the human popsicle when I got to the diner and that coffee sure felt good going down - but not nearly as good as the (I'm not kidding) 4 people who stopped by my table to say how much they liked my "nice old bike" - which one lady said "sounded like a real motorcycle - not loud and obnoxious, but not like a blender".

So....this morning was indeed very cool - both literally and figuratively.

Keep those mid-70`s standard bikes rollin'!

Pete
[FONT=&quot][h=4]Attached Files:[/h]
[/FONT]

Bike
2006 ST1300A
... it hits you like a ton of bricks when it dawns on you that you're no longer thinking about which bike to get next. Happened to me

Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
... at 6:30AM you walk past the car, in 2C, wearing gloves, scarf and reflective jacket, and drive 40km's to the office. Hoping each light you reach is red, so you get a chance to put your hands on the engine vents hoping to glean one or two degrees of warmth before you move off to the next light.
Me, this morning.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
... it's 37?F outside, raining pretty hard and steady. You think, hey this is the perfect day test my rain gear and heated gear! Of course, your wife just shakes her head as you back out of the garage, all geared up with a smile on your face. Yeah, I did that once. ;)

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
When your wife says you should take the Jeep to work due to hurricane/tropical storm and flooded streets... Then you ride to work in that downpour and zig zag around stalled vehicles with water over your feet on the pegs... oh, and take the sidewalk when the streets are deeper than that. Three times so far, although the first time was on the 919.

Bike
2012 ST1300
When you ask your woman if I had to choose does she think I'd take her or my ST? She says "I'd hope me" I say with a smile "let's hope we never have to find out!" :D

Bike
03 ST1300 ABS
I love this bike whenever I start the thing up! When I bought it, the PO said it had never been down "to his knowledge." That was a load of bull and I knew it, but after a test ride I figured it was worth the asking price. I have replaced the right mirror housing and hardware, the right fork tube, and have done a lot of regular maintenance-type things. This bike, as heavy as it is, feels nimble, responsive, and is a pure joy to ride. I rode from Denver to Reno, taking the scenic route, and back, taking two days for each trip out and back. The bike is easy to take long trips and the lack of noise makes those long trips very pleasurable. I don't have any trouble on the gravel roads to get to dry pavement (2 miles). This bike is a keeper!

Bike
'06 ST 1300
STOC #
I dropped my ST 1300 off at my friends house so he could install some driving lights and while I have the Goldwing to ride I really miss the mighty ST 1300 :(

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
Oh yeah, when you look forward to riding in the cold and rain and darkness and enjoying every bit of it.

John STeele
Peace and All Good

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
Keep those mid-70`s standard bikes rollin'![/U said:
[/I]

[/LIST]
[/FONT][/COLOR]
My dad has an old CB125 I've been trying to get him to part with, the tank has mismatched paint due to it being set on fire by the PO's angry wife........but it runs great. I can't get him to sell it to me for a reasonable price, he's of the belief because it's old, it's gold. So it just sits and rots in the garage, it's a shame.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
When your wife refers to your motorcycles as your girl friends as you sit in your garage with them.

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
When you realize that you cannot ride because the roofers trailer is in the way so you start it up and run it through the gears on the center stand!!

Top Bottom