Odometer stuck on 29999...

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
Some simple math tells me that for the money you saved you should be able to squeeze out a white paint job with money left over!
Thought about that... but I have to buy a new rack, some lights, and other farkles first. :)
Red was my third color choice (White, Yellow, Red), but everyone under my roof thinks Red is best suited for me.
Just hoping it's as Red as my PC800 was... that was a beautiful bike.

I have to mention... one of the toughest days of my recent diet, was when I rode with my son, back to the restaurant in Carmel Valley where you and I and others met for lunch.
You'll find this new bike in their parking lot soon.
That French Dip and those Fries... ugh... killer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
Okay... got the new LED's today, popped them in from the back of the dash, hooked up the one connector to the bike so I could try them out, turned off the lights in the shop.
Wow... these are nice. Very bright, very white (I thought about Blue but didn't want to commit to a color for the next possible owner).
The factory incandescent bulbs were so bad that I didn't even know that three of the four were burnt out.
These are obviously on... even in the daylight.

Highly recommended.

Now I'm off to the auto parts store to get some lube for the spedo gear/cable before I put everything back together.

Jim

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
Got the bike off the table today. Fixed the Odometer, fixed the sticky throttle issue, replaced a half dozen fasteners that are probably under some tool box in the Pasadena PD shop. :D
It's a little cold today, so I just took it for a short ride. Sure is nice to have the bike drop all the way to idle now.
Need to give it a good cleaning and move it over to make room for the F6B coming in a couple weeks.

Top Bottom