Thread: 2017-01-01 VA, Kilmarnock - NN Burger Co.

Bike
    2006 ST1300A
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

2017-01-01 VA, Kilmarnock - NN Burger Co.

WE ARE GREEN FOR GO! The New Year's Day forecast calls for a low of 44?F in Williamsburg for the start of our ride, increasing to about 53?F with "mostly cloudy" skies. So, we may see some sunshine at times, and the chance of rain is nil until about 7PM ... long after we return home.

WHAT
    2nd Annual Ride to Eat at Northern Neck Burger Co. Voted best burgers in Virginia. Preview their menu at www.nnburger.com If burgers aren’t your thing, a large BBQ place is located across the street.
    http://smokinjoesbarbeque.com/

WHEN
    Sunday 1/1/17 (no rain date) I will post the Go/No-Go decision about mid-day Saturday before the ride here in this thread. We will not ride if the forecast is >/= 40% chance of rain/snow, or if the temperature will not get above 32?F.

WHERE
    Depart 9:00AM from Shorty’s Diner, 627 Merrimac Trail in Williamsburg. Arrive with a full tank! A Wawa gas station is located about 1/4 mile east of Shorty’s on Merrimac Trail.

WHO
    Hoowasat

WHY
    Because we enjoy a good excuse to ride. Never need an excuse to eat well.

This ride will cover about 120 miles from Williamsburg to Kilmarnock to Newport News, and includes a midway restroom break on both legs. The first will be at the McDonalds in West Point, and the other will be at a Wawa convenience store just south of Gloucester Courthouse on Rt17.
    Last edited by hoowasat; 12-31-2016 at 06:36 AM.
    Everything works out in the end. If it's not working, you're not at the end.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2006 ST1300A
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Re: 2017-01-01 VA, Kilmarnock - NN Burger Co.

FYI, I had 17 participants on the 2016 NYD RTE.

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2006 ST1300A
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

WE ARE GREEN FOR GO! The New Year's Day forecast calls for a low of 44?F in Williamsburg for the start of our ride, increasing to about 53?F with "mostly cloudy" skies. So, we may see some sunshine at times, and the chance of rain is nil until about 7PM ... long after we return home. I know of about a dozen riders joining me. Will you be there? <Ken>

Bike
    2006 ST1300
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Happy New Year Ken! I had thought about coming down to you this year but have to be back home by 2:30. Have a great first ride!

Site Supporter
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    2006 ST1300A
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Thanks, and Happy New Year to you, too. After a couple minor pre-ride sprinkles, the day turned out beautiful with highs in the mid-50s. Only 5 bikes went, but we had a good time. We also beat the crowds by getting to NNBC shortly before they opened at 11am.

+ New Posts