1993 ST 1100 Handle bars

Bike
1993 ST 1100
Going over my newly purchased 1993 ST, and it seems that some one has altered the handle bars( Cut and re welded ), they did a good job of hiding the welds under zip ties holding the cables, wires ETC but the weld is poor quality and its also off by 3/4 of a inch or better from one side to the other. Can anyone suggest a good replacement or have a stock one for sale , it currently has a Roxx handle bar extenders installed.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
As Mike referenced, try Flanders. Check their website... they can provide pretty much any handlebar you want.

Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Try posting a request in the Wanted section of the forum. I bet there are folks that have OEM bars left over from a Helibar upgrade just sitting in the their garage. You might be able to source one cheaply.

OP
OP
punder
Bike
1993 ST 1100
Thanks Thorogood for the link, I've never had to replace a set of bars on a bike I have owned so had no idea where to start, Factory Honda no longer available for this bike.I went out and looked this one had handlebar weights installed already so should be about to move those over to new bars. The BMW grips a brand or the stock BMW bike grips?

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Thanks Thorogood for the link, I've never had to replace a set of bars on a bike I have owned so had no idea where to start, Factory Honda no longer available for this bike.I went out and looked this one had handlebar weights installed already so should be about to move those over to new bars. The BMW grips a brand or the stock BMW bike grips?
1990-1994 handlebars came with threaded inserts.The later style is still available. Aftermarket bar weights will work with these.

OP
OP
punder
Bike
1993 ST 1100
Thanks Paul, knowing a brand name helps, was surprised that Honda discontinued. Thanks MV Dave,that is a good idea, I'm not particular weather its new or used as long as it in good shape.

gorovers

Go Blackburn Rovers!
Bike
1993 Honda ST1100
STOC #
...my newly purchased 1993 ST, ... anyone suggest a good replacement or have a stock one for sale...
I have the stock handlebars from my 1993 ST1100 that were replaced by Helibars when the bike was new. They're a bit heavy, however, so shipping could be expensive...

ST1100-handlebars.jpg

Bike
92 ST1100
The stock, original bars came from factory with the bar-end weights already install. As for removing them, gonna have to hacksaw bar ends off some 6", small angle-head grinder to then grind the plug-weld in bars. Pretty much just drops out then. Both bar weights have a threaded hole in one end, originally to retain the factory bar-ends.

Bike
'99 ST1100
STOC #
The BMW grips a brand or the stock BMW bike grips?
Here are the links for the right and left grips. Since you have only have a 28A alternator installing the Symtec grip heaters may not be a good idea. To find out what other people have said about the grips, enter "BMW grips" in the search box on the upper right side.

Last edited:
Bike
1991 ST1100
STOC #
Hey,

If you would like some stock handle bars, I took one off my 1991 ST1100 when I bought some Heli-Bars. It is sitting around, and so, if you want it, let me know, and maybe we can work something out. I live in VA, and might take a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway before it gets too cold.

Top Bottom