FI Light On

Bike
2006 Honda ST1300A
When I bought the motorcycle the FI light flickered once in a while but stopped after a while. A few months ago I was changing my oil and broke the T section on the coolant lines that go near the engine cover. I finally got around to replacing it and started the bike back up. The FI light is flashing, 2 short flashes, which from what I've read indicates the MAP vacuum lines or the MAP sensor. I've read the vacuum lines can get gunked up cause the FI code. I got the air box removed and the lines seem to be on the 5 section T pretty snugly. Do I just need to pull on them until they come off? Or is there something else I can do to narrow down the cause of the problem? The bike runs, but it seems to be idling a little oddly so I assume there really is an issue.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Those vacuum lines and 5-way T are infamous for collecting grunge and plugging up. Take the T and all 5 lines off and blow them out with compressed air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Or better yet, remove the old dry lines and replace them with new hose and do a sync while your in there.

OP
OP
lawlknight
Bike
2006 Honda ST1300A
After months of laziness, I figured I'd give this another shot. With enough wiggling and pulling I got the 5 line T section out with all the vacuums lines that were attached to it. Where would I get some new lines, and should I replace the T section as well? That whole area under the air box seems to be pretty dirty and grungy, any suggestions for getting that cleaned up? Unfortunately my battery also died since I wasn't starting it up regularly, so a battery tender is on the way.

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
The small windshield washer hoses sold at autozone or pepboys works in a pinch, but the silicone stuff is better if you can find it.

OP
OP
lawlknight
Bike
2006 Honda ST1300A
Got a section of vacuum line from O'Reilly Auto Parts and cut it to length. FI light is no longer on after putting everything back together. Did end up having to buy a new battery because it was apart for too long and I didn't have a battery tender hooked up.

Top Bottom