Works Performance Upgrade & Special Thanks

Bike
'12 GL1800
STOC #
A few months back, I picked up a set of new Works Performance fork springs from another forum member. I called WP to verify that all the components were in the box.....ended up ordering a shock. ;) When the shock arrived, I had it installed in about 10 minutes. The springs, on the other hand, were another story. I contacted Uncle Phil for a little advice, and he pointed me toward Tom Vincent (Vinny). I communicated with Tom and we agreed that I would come to his shop while riding the hills in his area last week. I was staying in Murphy, NC, and I ended up taking a little of "Murphy" down to Vinny's. Grr. What should have taken less than a day to complete, turned into 2 days. NOTE: It's always best to order your parts ahead of time, as not every Honda service tech knows how to look up fork seals for the ABS bike.

I've always tried to see things from a positive perspective and try to find good in every situation, and this was no exception. Tom and I met a few years back and have been at a few event since then, but had never had the opportunity of getting to know each other.....until last week. Tom went far above and beyond anything one could expect. He donated 2 days of his time, acted as chauffeur, and provided me a very comfortable place to stay. For that, I'm very grateful.

We ended up reassembling the forks without new seals the next day, and I am back in MS without any leaks. I DID order the correct seals and will install this winter....maybe. The new Works suspension transformed the bike. I can't believe how much better it handles in the twisties.

Tom, thanks again, for your gracious hospitality.

John

P.S. - Tom has a '99 ST1100 that he is planning to sell. It has Traxxion forks and a Penske shock. I had the opportunity to ride it and have only one word....WOW! Someone will get a great bike!

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
The new Works suspension transformed the bike. I can't believe how much better it handles in the twisties.
It is amazing how much BETTER the ST rides and handles when the suspension is improved.

Does this mean that you can pass Barry and his FJR now????

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
I love my lowered Works shock. With the 60 series tire, I'm about 2 inches lower in the rear. I'd like to lower the front a like amount with Trxxion forks. That would be a great combo for those of is with a short inseam and a Russell seat.

Top Bottom