tail lights

suedez

Suede
Bike
2006 St-1300
STOC #
The right side tail light only illuminates when I step on the brakes. Is it partly burnt out?

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Do you mean that light only comes from the right side when you apply the brakes, or that the tail light filament only lights up when the brake filament is lit?

OP
OP
suedez

suedez

Suede
Bike
2006 St-1300
STOC #
ok - I think I understand - there are two filaments to each bulb and the right tail light filament is burnt out - thanks!!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
there are two filaments to each bulb and the right tail light filament is burnt out -
Based on your first post I'd guess it's the right brake light filament but you've got the right idea. You might want to replace both bulbs while you're at it.

If you don't know already you have to drop the rear fender (4x5mm Allen screws) to get to the tail light bulbs. Pay close attention to the position of the sockets as you remove them (both twist counter clockwise IIRC). You might want to put a dab of silicone grease on the o-rings before putting the sockets back in. Those and especially the turn signal sockets (reached from under the rear seat) can be really tough to remove.

Last edited:
Top Bottom