Headlight adjustment

Bike
ST 1100 ABS-TCS 1993
Please can anyone tell me how to allign the beams of the two lamps ? one is higher than the other and I coudn't find anything on the manuals.

thank you in advance

Roberto

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Check the installation of both bulbs. Make sure they are inserted and locked snugly. If one is loose or slightly crooked, you will get this effect.

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
Check the installation of both bulbs. Make sure they are inserted and locked snugly. If one is loose or slightly crooked, you will get this effect.
:plus1: If they both seem to be installed properly, try another bulb to see if it makes a difference.

Also, are you using OEM Honda bulbs or H4 bulbs and the adapter plates ??

And, how much "higher" ??

OP
OP
roby_59
Bike
ST 1100 ABS-TCS 1993
:plus1: If they both seem to be installed properly, try another bulb to see if it makes a difference.

Also, are you using OEM Honda bulbs or H4 bulbs and the adapter plates ??

And, how much "higher" ??
EU models uses standard H4 bulbs, and they seem to be ok. I think that inside the headlight there are two separate reflectors but I dont know how to adjust them.

Bike
97 ST1100A
STOC #
As stated, 1st ck to see if they are properly settled, if so if you look at the back side of the headlamp you will see a couple of rubber covers behind the lights. Remove and you will find Phillips head adjusters. You will need a stubby and some flexibilty to align the right beam. The adjusters are located at the 1 and 7 o'clock positions. I thought there is a write up either on Mike Martin or ST-Riders. But I couldn't find it there. Good luck

Last edited:

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
The OP has an ST1100 and poSTed in the ST1100 Tech sub forum.

Ck the following link where in the poster discusses the operation of the adjustment points for the right side reflectors pictured. Note that both must be adjusted equally in the same direction to keep the light pattern centered in both the x and y axis.

http://johnandbecci.info/Hints/HID.htm
Bingo! Beat me to it. :)

John

OP
OP
roby_59
Bike
ST 1100 ABS-TCS 1993
Ck the following link where in the poster discusses the operation of the adjustment points for the right side reflectors pictured. Note that both must be adjusted equally in the same direction to keep the light pattern centered in both the x and y axis.

http://johnandbecci.info/Hints/HID.htm
Thank you, this is the answer. Anyway it looks not so easy to set the beams with the headlight removed from the bike. Second answer: Now that I've discovered that the beams can be adjusted separately verticalli and/or horizontally, is there any picture of the right image that must be projected on a wall at a certain distance to ake the complete adjustment ?

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
This LINK may help. It's about aiming auto headlights, but the basic idea is the same for a MC, I think.

Take the bike off the center stand and have someone sit on the bike when checking the "drop" at 25 feet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom