Sell for parts or give to insurance company?

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I think you made the right decision. Just take the money and move on to a another bike.
:plus1: One reason I haven't parted any of mine out is because you get stuck with a whole bunch of parts that you can't even give away!

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
:plus1: One reason I haven't parted any of mine out is because you get stuck with a whole bunch of parts that you can't even give away!
Amen brother! I have drawers and boxes full of ST parts in my garage...funny thing is, they are always very handy when somebody rolls in on a Sunday or Holiday on a broken bike :rofl1:
If you have any spares you don't need, you can always add them to my "pay it forward" pile of stuff.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Had your wife's bike sold before the accident? Looks like a chance to get her lower mileage ST and make a down payment on the FJR she wanted.

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Amen brother! I have drawers and boxes full of ST parts in my garage...funny thing is, they are always very handy when somebody rolls in on a Sunday or Holiday on a broken bike :rofl1:
If you have any spares you don't need, you can always add them to my "pay it forward" pile of stuff.
Ha! Like I still have a 03-07 ABS ring sitting in my roll-away waiting to be sent to you! ;)

OP
OP
okmurdog

okmurdog

Will Ride for Pie
Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
Had your wife's bike sold before the accident? Looks like a chance to get her lower mileage ST and make a down payment on the FJR she wanted.
Fortunately it hadn't...I'll be adopting it, as it's in nearly new condition with only 22k miles.

Yes...will be looking for an FJR for her before long ;)

OP
OP
okmurdog

okmurdog

Will Ride for Pie
Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
So sorry to here this Mark. That has been one good bike for you.
Keith, I agree...it's been a good ride. The upside is I am receiving a fair settlement on the bike, and I can keep rolling with another '07 ST.

OP
OP
okmurdog

okmurdog

Will Ride for Pie
Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
:D Easy answer, my friend.

Since your comfortable with '07 STs, and are used to a low-middle aged ST, let the ins. company total it, and I'll make you a sweetheart deal on mine, plus you'll be moving up to the ABS model at the same time! ;);)

Or,,,, the insurance payout would make a darn nice down-payment towards a '16 FJR! Low-mileage, used ones will be showing up in a few more months.
That's an alluring offer Fred...;). I will be on the lookout for a '16 Feejer though!

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Ha! Like I still have a 03-07 ABS ring sitting in my roll-away waiting to be sent to you! ;)
Every day I sit all alone at my window waiting to see if it will ever arrive.....its a sad sight I tell ya :rofl1:

Last edited:
Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Body style "RACER"....love that, and it even has "rear wheel drive"......good luck with finding the right FJR, love mine........ff

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
"Primary Damage: minor dents/scratches"
I guess this is an example of why you don't buy an auction bike based on the auction listing. Other than the declaration that this is a Salvage Title any one looking at this bike on-line would be unaware of the extent of the damage. Private sector listings usually post revealing pictures of any dents/scratches/damage for the sake of transparency. It would be interesting to know what it sells for.

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've bought three wrecks and fixed them up. It's not cheap and you really never know what you are getting!

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Well I personally knew this bike and owner. It was maintained as well as any you would ever find. Probably better! I would not have had a problem buying it for top dollar as a parts bike for mine if I thought I needed one. Mark took as good of care of this bike as any you will ever find. Probably better.
I understand concerns about buying what you may not know about. But I know how this owner was by the book!

Top Bottom