Cycle Gear "Hot Wired" Heated gear review

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
My local Cycle Gear had a customer appreciation sale and everything in the store but tires (or tyres depending on which side of the pond you're on) got 10 percent off. Picked up a liner and found out that the controllers are free with the purchase of the liner. The liner only comes with a fused power lead from the battery. Normally $59, they include one with every jacket purchase.
I only say that because that policy may (or may not) change.

Although I got 10 percent off... another 8.7 gets tacked back on to take care of Uncle Sam and his sister, Spokane County. Out the door for $175.12 and got to snack on cheese, crackers, and oilives while grabbing a Mountain Dew.

Once the ice and snow melt... I'll report back with my impressions. Works great standing in the heated shop... :rofl1:

Last edited:

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
Game changer...

Turns out the current version of the Hotwired Jacket Liner has a direct circuit to the gloves with constant voltage. The heat troller only controls the jacket. If you have their gloves, which include a troller built-in, no problem. However, the glove liners do not have a controller (neither do the foot warmers) and they can only be plugged in at 100 percent on or off. I'm sure I could rig something, but it would just be easier getting a Warm-N-Safe or Glyde (Gerbing) with a dual controller and be done with it.

OP
OP
JimGregory
Bike
07 ST1300
Game changer...

Turns out the current version of the Hotwired Jacket Liner has a direct circuit to the gloves with constant voltage. The heat troller only controls the jacket. If you have their gloves, which include a troller built-in, no problem. However, the glove liners do not have a controller (neither do the foot warmers) and they can only be plugged in at 100 percent on or off. I'm sure I could rig something, but it would just be easier getting a Warm-N-Safe or Glyde (Gerbing) with a dual controller and be done with it.
Yes but the gloves DO have very nice controls on them. Perfect integrated package. The only problem is, wearing the gloves is like riding with ping pong paddles. They do break in but it takes a while.

Bike
'05 ST1300
I picked up my Hotwired jacket liner a couple of years ago when there was a spring clear out sale, got the jacket liner, controller, and glove liners for the price of the jacket liner alone, plus lifetime warranty. I've had no problems with any of it. I probably use the jacket liner more on the tractor/snowblower than on the bike. Works great, Ed

Top Bottom