OP
OP
Paawpabear

Paawpabear

Ken Morse
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Yeah well I'll stick with motorcycle tyres anyway, seems mad to me but I suppose on the big long highways over there it pays off, lot of twisty roads here and grip means everything.
I can respect your decision. I was intrigued and apprehensive at the same time when I had it done on my bike. For me; like I said before, I have to remind myself that I have a CT on the rear or I forget that it's not a bike tire. I run 30 psi in the CT and it seems to be working real well. Since I only have a few hundred miles on my setup; time will tell, but for now it's [emoji106] [emoji106]. Stay safe on the Green Isle.
Somewhere on the forum someone called their insurance company explaining they wanted to use a different tire than recommended. It was decided the tire being a DOT, it would be ok.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bike
Vstrom 650
I can respect your decision. I was intrigued and apprehensive at the same time when I had it done on my bike. For me; like I said before, I have to remind myself that I have a CT on the rear or I forget that it's not a bike tire. I run 30 psi in the CT and it seems to be working real well. Since I only have a few hundred miles on my setup; time will tell, but for now it's [emoji106] [emoji106]. Stay safe on the Green Isle.

Best of luck with it, some friends of ours have Goldwing trikes, it would be great if they could get car tyres to fit the front wheel of the trikes because they are very sore on front tyres. I had a look before but couldn't find a car tyre to suit them.
The trikes are a rarity, you can ride them here and all you need is a reg car driving licence.

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
People who ride double dark have a rear MC tire on the front. With no modification to the front rim, I'm running a 9/32 tread depth, when oem is 5/32, same price.

Top Bottom