Helibars Horizon Multi Axis for ST1300 Experiences??

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Thanks for the pics. There is a wealth of information in them. I live in lake zurich, il, maybe we can hook up next year somewheres in the middle and actually see how they look on the bike.
Warm Weather Is finally approaching!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Well, I pulled the trigger and got them online for $485. Local dealer put them on for me, glad he did as the existing heated grips were a bear to remove. What a difference! These bars are superb. thanks for all the input.
485 is a great price. For other folks here...what did they charge you for installation? Glad you like them. A RDL saddle is next for me.

OP
OP
Scott in PA
Bike
2003 ST1300A
485 is a great price. For other folks here...what did they charge you for installation? Glad you like them. A RDL saddle is next for me.

I had two tires mounted and balanced at the same time, total labor was around $275

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
That's not bad at all.

I need to find longer throttle cables instead of re-routing the cables through the side opening in the engine/frame box. My MCCruise control unit sits in that location and I don't think I can bend the cables around and through that hole and still have the cruise control function correctly.

Has anybody installed the multi adjustable risers with the MCCruise unit installed?

I've heard that the police model cables may be longer.

tonythecarguy

err... motorcycleguy
Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
The police cables are an inch or two longer. But even with the police cables I still had to route them out the side with the multi axis bars.

The police cables are an inch or two longer. But even with the police cables I still had to route them out the side with the multi axis bars.
Thanks. Guess I might need a totally custom length cable then. Can't live without my cruise.

I assume you mean they wouldn't work even with the extensions they provided?

tonythecarguy

err... motorcycleguy
Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
The extensions are for the hydraulic lines (front brake and cluch). Those lines are not re-routed. The stock non police hydraulic lines with the extensions worked fine. There are no extentions provided for the thottle cables, hence the need to reroute them. I've never seen the mc cruise installed, it sounds like it may be in the location of the front abs modulator on non abs bikes. If that is the case I would hope that you could still snake the thottle cables out the side of the frame. They don't need that much room. Having not seen your situation it is a guess on my part. If you do find a source for longer cables post it up, as while routing them out the side works I'm not fully happy with it in a way only an engineer would understand.

Last edited:
The extensions are for the hydraulic lines (front brake and cluch). Those lines are not re-routed. The stock non police hydraulic lines with the extensions worked fine. There are no extentions provided for the thottle cables, hence the need to reroute them. I've never seen the mc cruise installed, it sounds like it may be in the location of the front abs modulator on non abs bikes. If that is the case I would hope that you could still snake the thottle cables out the side of the frame. They don't need that much room. Having not seen your situation it is a guess on my part. If you do find a source for longer cables post it up, as while routing them out the side works I'm not fully happy with it in a way only an engineer would understand.
Ah, that makes more sense. I'll keep looking for cables that will work and post what I find.

OP
OP
Scott in PA
Bike
2003 ST1300A
Shake Down ride results: A 246 mile jaunt last Monday with the new bars confirms NO BACK, NECK OR SHOULDER PAIN after five+ hours on the bike. Previously, the discomfort would start to creep up after as little as 45 minutes. The new seating position inspires more confidence! Cheers!!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
How close does the Gen III Helibar riser get you to upright position?
Not a question that is easily answered as everybody's body isn't the same. I'm bolt upright most of the time and very happy that way.

Previously I didn't feel much of a forward lean but it was enough to put too much weight on my wrists to be comfortable for any real length of time. The Gen 3 Heli fixed that for me.

Top Bottom