bikerdrumr

bikerdrumr

David
Bike
'15 BMW 1200RT
2024 Miles
STOC #
Re: Pic of your farkled dash

The LX40 lights are fantastic. Super bright, well dispersed lighting pattern. My friend nerSTeve has the LX5's, which are $150.00 each and 5000 lumens versus $100.00 and 4200 lumens on the LX40. Due to the focus and reflectors of the LX 40's, they look as bright if not brighter than the LX5's when running down a dark road side by side. You will love these lights, on high they are amazing for their size. Like I mentioned, mine start out at 50% when running low beams, and people still flash me all the time because they are too bright. If you combine these lights with a good LED headlight upgrade, it is awesome for driving at night. With my other driving lights on high, and the LX40's, and headlights on high, I am throwing 22,400 lumens down the road. You will LOVE these lights!!

Also, and this is good info for all riders to know, LED Rider is an awesome company to deal with, who stands 110% behind their products.

I started with the LED Rider LR4's, and sadly had some issues with them, I had 3 stop working in 4 or 5 months. The second time, I was down south on a 10 day trip to the Dragon, Blue Ridge, Etc, Etc. On Friday one of my LR4 lights failed. I emailed the company from a parking lot in some small town, and kinda firmly asked them to send me a new light next day air, and have it delivered to Fontana Dam resort, where I would be arriving on Monday to stay a couple days. Most companies would laugh at that request, but LED Rider did exactly as I requested, and when I got to the resort on Monday, there was a next day package with a new light for me waiting when I got there. I swapped it out, and shipped the old one back when I got home.
A month later, the other side went out. I sent it back to them, and they sent me an apology email, and agreed to upgrade me up the the LX4's in exchange for the LR4's. After testing all 3 lights, and finding they were defective, they made it right with great customer service. BTW, the LX4's have been bulletproof so far, in the rain, lots of rough and unpaved roads, not even a hint of a hiccup. I would by products from this company again any day.

Awesome! Thanks! I was already planning on contacting them because the mounting bolts they sent were too short for the Honda police mounts I have. I found longer ones at Home Depot, but they are not made from the same metal. Whatever LEDrider sent was very nice quality. You also mentioned an LED headlight conversion. It just so happens one of my Sylvania's low beam just went out. I would love to pickup LEDs to replace them but from what I understand they don't make a small enough bulb/ballast for the 1100. Unless you know of some product that I don't.

OP
OP
bikerdrumr

bikerdrumr

David
Bike
'15 BMW 1200RT
2024 Miles
STOC #

I try and keep things tidy and as OEM as possible.

Dash mods and surrounding -

Migsel Mount for Sat nav (GPS) + Compass, necessary for some parts of Europe that don't have full GPS mapping
Blu dash LED replacement done by Netherlands Pan European Group.
Gear Indicator included in RHS display
Two switches in RHS glove box for LED rear fog light and PIAA driving lights.
12 volt supply LHS glove box
Indicator repeaters in mirror surrounds
Heated grip controller LHS knee panel
Voltage warning indicator RHS knee panel

Handlebars -

LHS -
McCruise Controller
Sonic PPT for bike-bike radio

RHS -
Pre-2004 switchgear to allow headlights to be turned off, sidelights remain permanently on.

ASV clutch and brake levers

Very cool! Has that voltage indicator been a valuable tool for you? It's something I haven't yet considered, but maybe I should(?)

OP
OP
bikerdrumr

bikerdrumr

David
Bike
'15 BMW 1200RT
2024 Miles
STOC #

Steve398

... another retired Black Rat.
Bike
2018 BMW R1200RT LC
Bike
2006 ST1300A

You obviously put a LOT of time into designing that bracket!! Excellent engineering!
Thank you. As stated in my ST-Owners album, I grew tired of removing/installing multiple farkles when stopping overnight. When getting ready to head out, all I do now is mount the one assembly, plug in the 12VDC & antenna coax, and lock the RAM mount knobs. I initially started to make an arrangement on a crossbar between the handlebars. As soon as I put that prototype in position, it became obvious there's a ton of unused space between the handlebars. I don't use a tank bag, and I can clearly see the Honda instrument panel with the assembly in place.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010

All these pics really should come with legends.

Top Bottom