My 04 St has a new stablemate!

Bike
2004 ST1300
I just recently traded my 02 VTX 1800C for a 09 Kawasaki Concours and I love it! It's interesting how similar and different it is compared to my ST. The ST has been a true labor of love and I have really enjoyed the last 22,000 miles over the last 4 years. It has been fun to work on and farkle and it really has been too good if there is such a thing. I have had an itch for a Connie for quite some time and this just happened to work out. I loved the VTX but after running out of gas in 80 miles up in the mountains this past April, I had to rethink long term if it was worth keeping as a stablemate to the ST. The Connie is beautiful and not without its problems having only being ridden 8,000 miles in 7 years. It wouldn't rev past 7000 rpms and the culprit ended up being a clogged fuel strainer and a weak fuel pump. It also has warped front rotors which is apparently pretty common on these along with the mighty ZX14. The tpms batteries are also dead but these older sensor batteries can be replaced. The seat is terrible, the windshield too small and it needs risers-all the same problems I had with the ST when I first got it. I am looking forward to hopefully holding on to both bikes but we shall see which one gets more saddle time before I head back to the mountains in April. I may eventually sell the ST and get a Weestrom. This site has been so fantastic and all of you are really true gentlemen and I have learned a lot from many of you. Sadly, the Connie forums don't hold a candle to this fantastic forum. I have met some great people through this forum and have had the pleasure of doing business with many of you as well. If any of you have some experience with the Connie or any suggestions for maintenance, repairs or farkling, hit me up!

Top Bottom