Any suggestions on a Light Weight Small Packing Cover?

Likewise on the Nelson Rig UV2000 cover choice... leave the tailback strapped on bike & zipped up & under cover before retiring into tent for night... do not have to put tailback into tent for night... keeps "opportunists" from surveying your "stuff"... discourages night animals from jumping on bike(unless you left that opened tuna/sardine can on dash/seat):D:03biker:

Bike
2006 ST1300
I use a Nelson-Rigg lightweight half cover. Iirc, it cost around $40. Works great, comes with its own stuff sack (and a strap/belt attached to said sack - as if I'd wear this as a fanny pack). It covers down to the front fender and over the panniers, has elastic straps that hook onto the foot pegs.
What size did you get for the Nelson-Rigg? I just bought the Large size as the web site stated that the large covers sport touring bikes. When I tried it on, it only covered one saddle bag.

Wes

Site Supporter
Bike
07 ST1300, DRZ400S
What size did you get for the Nelson-Rigg? I just bought the Large size as the web site stated that the large covers sport touring bikes. When I tried it on, it only covered one saddle bag.
I had the same question! Sounds like I need to get the XL.

ColinW1981

Site Supporter
Bike
'06 ST1300A
STOC #
Oh, I read the title wrong, I thought OP was look for something lightweight for packing. I was going to point him to my friends, Smith & Wesson...:rofl1:

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
The N-R UV2000 Large is for sport and s-t bikes... with itty bitty windscreens and NO LUGGAGE. The ST (both) is more the size of a full dress touring bike for cover size. I originally bought my XL UV2000 for my Gold Wing and found it fit the 2005 Burgman 650 (it's a long fat scoot) with top case perfectly as well so kept using it for that. Then when I bought the ST1100 and added a top case that same cover fit over it perfectly as well, so I kept using the same cover. My CTX1300 and now my 2013 Burgman 650 are the same story. Very same cover carried over to use on either of those. I think I may have let my original cover go with the Gold Wing and bought another for the scoot that followed, but I've used that same cover since and find it fits every bike I've owned.

I usually only use it while camping to keep the tree sap off. It also keeps prying eyes away from the GPS and other stuff I may leave on the seat overnight. I sometimes leave my gear on the seat under the cover. I now also use it during rain storms here at work since I now have a leather Corbin seat and prefer to keep heavy rains off the leather. But with proper care of the leather seat it's no biggie if I miss putting on the cover and a surprise storm passes over.

Top Bottom