Can I add a caliper to the rear brake circuit?

thekaz

haz gone feral
If was a non connected system I would try a connection to the front with some kinda proportioning valve....but ST brakes ? yikes
I like the idea of a two pedal system. It would be like old tractors.That could make for some awesome 360 stunting with the right foot action.

AND having just gotten a URAL I can say its braking is bizarre to me. Not sure how the system is plumbed and I really only have 2KM worth of riding on it LOL

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I think 970Mike has a brother and his friend with STs and sidehacks. They may be of some help.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
thekaz said:
but ST brakes ? yikes
I don't see a real problem. Granted I know little about the depths of the ST's brake system. But and the end of the day it's move a lever or press a pedal and move some fluid.

The SMC going bad could be a bigger problem when running with a hack but preventative maintenance should keep that in check.

The linked article about plumbing hack-brakes makes me think plumbing the hack's caliper off the ST's rear brake might give the best control. To my largely unfamiliar eye the only real question/problem regarding the brakes is the new master cylinder assembly providing adequate pressure.

Top Bottom