Overfilled oil tank/draining suggestions

Bike
2010 ST1300
No need to make it any more complex than this...
--Mark
Ahh, there is always a need to add complexity to simple problems. For one thing, its entertaining. for another, its a diversion from everyday problems.....

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
Ahh, there is always a need to add complexity to simple problems. For one thing, its entertaining. for another, its a diversion from everyday problems.....
until your wife questions your approach, and explains why her simple approach would be much smarter than yours. This, of course, is purely theoretical, I've never actually seen it in practice. ;)

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Fill hole is top of cylinder heads, between cams. Drains down through oil passages.
Well then, I am completely full of it. My head is stuck in the nineties and the 1100. Disregard my ignorant suggestion. :>)

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
After completing an oil change I replaced the plug, filled up with oil, started, checked for leaks and then emptied the waste oil drain pan and found my washer...........

On back with both hands available loosened drain bolt and jammed a rag over hole, spouse put washer back on drain bolt and handed it back to me, quick handwork to replace and tightened. Lost negligible amount of oil, didn't need to add any.

Note to self, remember to check the drain bolt for the washer.........

Top Bottom