amorley

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
After seven years and over 100,000 miles, it is time for a replacement. Thank you Aerostich Roadcrafter Lite for keeping me safe and dry! I look forward to at least another 100K in this new suit!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Yeah, I'd say the old suit was beginning to show its age. How do you clean those things, remove the armor and take it to the cleaners? I got some NIKWAX Tech Wash and TX.DIRECT Wash-In not long ago to try on my mesh jacket, but haven't tried it yet to see how well it works (or doesn't, as the case may be).

OP
OP
amorley

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
Yeah, I'd say the old suit was beginning to show its age. How do you clean those things, remove the armor and take it to the cleaners? I got some NIKWAX Tech Wash and TX.DIRECT Wash-In not long ago to try on my mesh jacket, but haven't tried it yet to see how well it works (or doesn't, as the case may be).
I washed my old suit a number of times. Remove all the armor pads and earth magnets and close all the zips first. Used Clorox Prewash spray for bad stains and then two cycles in the washing machine with NIKWAX Tech wash and Direct Wash-In. Air dry on the clothes line. Suit actually felt softer after the first wash! Eventually the Hi-Viz yellow was so faded from the sun and the dirt so embedded, I decided to replace the suit. Roadcrafter suits are expensive but a bargain when they last so long in terms of miles and years.

Top Bottom