Dang, another flat tire!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
In my ute I worked at a service station patching tires on cars. It was a busy low profit job and the owner was too busy to deal with it (one man station) so I helped out and got 2/3 and the owner 1/3.

I used liquid cleaner/solvent and then roughed up an area around the puncture a little larger than the patch and it was rougher than the rest of the tire. Besides cleaning the surface roughing it gave it some 'tooth' the same as sanding a surface for painting. I did the same thing for friends' bicycle tubes.

Patching car tire tubes generally wasn't allowed. He stocked some tubes and there was a car parts store in walking distance.vLater there was the 'hot patch' but I had stopped doing the job by then.

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, my patch/plugs came in...like 24 of them, let's hope I don't have that many flats over the next couple of years! :eek::

I'll be fixing the tire next weekend, along with replacing the front tire as well!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
SupraSabre said:
Well, my patch/plugs came in..
My patch kit from Smitty did not. I just got a response to my inquiry about the kit's whereabouts: We show it was picked up at the store? Are you asking me or telling me.

I asked "Store? What store?? I didn't get it." Hoping I don't have to get PayPal to refund my money. I'd rather have the patch kit.

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
My patch kit from Smitty did not. I just got a response to my inquiry about the kit's whereabouts: We show it was picked up at the store? Are you asking me or telling me.

I asked "Store? What store?? I didn't get it." Hoping I don't have to get PayPal to refund my money. I'd rather have the patch kit.
That's interesting. Mine came without any issues! Hope you get it soon!

Top Bottom