riding gear , -clothes for riding north east

Bike
ST1300 2014
just bought a St1300 and plan do some long distance riding over the summer.
hey gang just looking for some recommendations , for riding in cool, wet , hot . basically all types of weather, can any now recommend something not to expensive ?
something to be purchase in Canada hopefully, but US is also good but something in the north east.

Thanks for all the help anyone can recommend

John:poPoST1:

Bike
st1300 vfr800
I really like my Olympia gear as it has a 3 layer design with mesh,rain gear as well as an insulated layer and packs up very small . Seems to wear well and clean up with a bit of work . The only thing that has happened is the bright neon yellow has faded a bit over he years ,not too cheap but comes up used a lot around here . Bike shows are also a good area to get this gear .

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Its expensive but you can get away with just 1 set of gear for 3 season riding. Look at KLIM its totally waterproof I can wear it in weather as warm as 90 it does get warm at that point but if it rains you don't have to stop to put on hot rain gear. It has good vents. But as I said its an investment but to me was worth the money. Not having to pack rain gear saves you a lot f space.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
just bought a St1300 and plan do some long distance riding over the summer.
hey gang just looking for some recommendations , for riding in cool, wet , hot . basically all types of weather, can any now recommend something not to expensive ?
something to be purchase in Canada hopefully, but US is also good but something in the north east.

Thanks for all the help anyone can recommend

John:poPoST1:
Check out Kijiji, you can get some good deals on used riding apparel. You can also treat the used gear with. Waterproofing solution called Nixwax it's available at sports world. Sells for about $20 Canadian. I went to TSC and purchased farmers rubber gloves and they work well over cheap cotton work gloves for riding in the rain. I also travel with Ryno rain suit, that sells for about $70. It folds up small and stores nicely in a top box.
consider a heated vest, takes the chill out on cold days as well as the dampness when riding in the rain ($110)
your St is going to provide reasonable protection from the elements. Footwear gets to be tricky, a cheap thing to buy are tote rubber overshoes, now is the time to buy them.

Bike
2010 ST1300
What is 'not too expensive"? Good gear (new) is expensive but cheap in the long run because it lasts - and if it protects you in an accident, it is VERY cheap - regardless of its initial price. Having said that, I like Aerostitch - look on ebay or craigslist for used gear. Some of the names offered above are likewise expensive new, but affordable used. remember the old adage about a $10 helmet being used on a head worth that much? Nuff said. Ymmv.

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300 2014
Great talking with you guys , thanks for all the good clothing options , like SMSW says about the $10 dollar helmet , i will take your word of wisdom from all and do the right thing.
will let you know what i have purchased
like i said before thanks to all and ride safe
John61

OP
OP
Bike
ST1300 2014
just letting you all know I that I went out and bought a Firstgear Jaunt T2 Jacket Dayglo from Fortnine , fits great, looks good and can not wait to get out and use it

Thanks Guys for all your help again
. Johnb61

Top Bottom