Russel day long

OP
OP
Kevcules

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Take the time to break it in, as Russell suggests. You will be glad you did.

Putting your feet down feels different with their seat. I'm not tall, and it didn't take long for me to get very comfortable putting my feet down. After that, the riding is pure joy. :03biker:
Sounds good ...thanks!

Bike
2010 ST1300
I like it - Great idea! :D But refueling/defueling might be a bit of a logistics problem ...
Planes refuel in the air without stopping. Why not bikes? (Do not search youtube for mishaps in aerial refueling - it might give you second thoughts).

OP
OP
Kevcules

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Look what arrived yesterday! :) Can't wait till spring to try it out....

The other pic is of my other bike that is used year round, a lot lately! Freaking snow!

Attachments

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Beats shovelling by hand. :) Nice seat, sure to be an improvement on the stock pad. Now put that cover back on before it gets dusty. :D

OP
OP
Kevcules

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Beats shovelling by hand. :) Nice seat, sure to be an improvement on the stock pad. Now put that cover back on before it gets dusty. :D
For sure, the plow works well. I've got a snow blower also for the deeper snow storms. We sure had a pile here lately.

I'm thinking this seat will be a good investment, hoping anyways.

I'm not really a clean freak, but the beast looked so good when I put it away, I had to cover it up. :) Fairings are off now to check the valves and clean up some wiring connectors.

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
For sure, the plow works well. I've got a snow blower also for the deeper snow storms. We sure had a pile here lately.

I'm thinking this seat will be a good investment, hoping anyways.

I'm not really a clean freak, but the beast looked so good when I put it away, I had to cover it up. :) Fairings are off now to check the valves and clean up some wiring connectors.
Holy cow Kev - your weather lately.....tough, even for LobsterLanders!

I'm sitting on my deck in 22C (71deg. F) weather with a BEvERage (NOTE "a" means just one), feeding peanuts to the dog, enjoying the sunshine and trying choose whether I should take the ST1300 or the '76 Yamaha XS650C out for a ride. It's hard to believe we live in the same country.

Pete

OP
OP
Kevcules

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Nice... is the front of the seat as flat/level as the original or does it slope up more or less?
I can't really tell yet ,but it looks like it's up more level than before. I'll get a better feel for it once I start driving it again. That's if the snow ever goes away! :)

OP
OP
Kevcules

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
Holy cow Kev - your weather lately.....tough, even for LobsterLanders!

I'm sitting on my deck in 22C (71deg. F) weather with a BEvERage (NOTE "a" means just one), feeding peanuts to the dog, enjoying the sunshine and trying choose whether I should take the ST1300 or the '76 Yamaha XS650C out for a ride. It's hard to believe we live in the same country.

Pete
I was sitting on my deck also ,all out of breath and sweating as I just finished cleaning up some more freaking snow! Just waded through about 7 ft of snow to fill up the bird feeder which now is barely above the snow level.Yeah, it is hard to believe that you're in the same country as me and getting that awesome weather!
You're only 2000 km's away right? (Windsor Ontario?) It was about 8 degrees Celsius here today which is un-seasonal ,but I'll take it.
It's actually lobster season at the bay of fundy now.....lobsters don't seem to mind the freezing temps! :)

I'm going to post a question about my recent valve check soon and need everyones advice..... Not sure I want to dig into it but I may have to....

Take Care

OP
OP
Kevcules

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
haha....the debris is to remind me to ride safe I guess. You're right, it can probably come off! :)

The seat is a full RDL. The sport has less foam and when I asked my butt what he wanted, he said FULL! :) The sport is a little less money and a little less comfort I was told. So full comfort is what I hopefully get!

Attachments

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
haha....the debris is to remind me to ride safe I guess. You're right, it can probably come off!
Red, being the worst colour for fading from sun exposure, might dictate that you leave those stickers in place. Although you seem to have a garage kept machine, any fading of the surrounding paint will be instantly noticeable if you peel them off now. Should have done that when you bought the bike, if it was new to you.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Red, being the worst colour for fading from sun exposure, might dictate that you leave those stickers in place.
Yeah that's probably a good idea. The tank stickers come off as soon as the bikes get home from the dealers. I took a couple more off and Larry (Igofar) got the rest. Well I've managed to keep him away from the ST1300 logos on the sides of the fairing!

Bike
2005 ST1300
I took mine off my red 2005 in 2013 with 35000 miles.

No problem but I went in with the mindset that if it did not look good I could always cover it up with something else.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kevcules

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
I took mine off my red 2005 in 2013 with 35000 miles.

No problem but I went in with the mindset that if it did not look good I could always cover it up with something else.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I think I might try to get them off to.....it will go faster right? :)

Top Bottom