Russel day long

Bike
ST1300 2012
Sah48.....that's exactly what I'm experiencing with my set up. Do you know what they did for an "adjustment"? I've read that others had similar issues and after an adjustment , much better. I wasn't so lucky yet.

I still have the original pictures along with the last ones that I sent with my seat. I'll see if I can see something different with them.I want to help Russel help me get fitted properly, its not going to easy since I'm so far away.
I have the vinyl seat covering and it is quite easy to slide on but if I was planted in the pocket like I should be, it would take a lot to slide forward I'm thinking.
I also have Heli-Bars.
I am not sure exactly what they did but from the feel I would say they removed some of the rear material so the pocket was better for me to fit into. I am 5'9" and have always run with the seat in the middle position but have found for this one it works best in the low front and lowest rear settings. I also slide forward slightly at stops.

good luck!

OP
OP
Kevcules

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
I don't know how tall you are; I'm 5'8". I have a relatively short inseam. I have never been able to "flat foot" my ST, even with the stock seat. My riding boots add about 1/2" to my leg length. I got accustomed to using the balls of my feet, or leaning on one side for "a flat footed" stance. So, transitioning to my RDL wasn't too difficult. Yes, I had to learn to slide forward out of the seating pocket when coming to a stop. But, becoming unstable has not been a problem when stopped. It is new and different, but has become second nature.

When I read their warranty coverage, you have more than two adjustments available. Under their warranty, you must allow them at least twice to adjust the seat to get it "right" for you, before you can claim a refund.
I'm about 5'11" with a short 32" inseam. With the RDL , I still cant flat foot even with the seat in the low position. With such a heavy bike, its hard to maneuver sometimes when trying to find a parking spot, or stopping at a light , especially if there is a change in grade.

I've thought about the "refund" thing a few times. The last thing I want is a refund , BUT , if I cant get a comfortable seat made for me , then that will be an option. I did know about the min two adjustments before a refund is considered, but at $100 a shot for me to ship it to them, I'd rather not have to send it back again , but I have no choice. So I'm looking at the expensive seat cost (plus the crappy Canadian dollar exchange) , plus another $200 ..... and I'm hoping the seat will work.:confused:

I won't mind if they keep my seat for 4 months. We have a 4 month riding season so it's not like I need it before May unless I put snow tires and buy a snowsuit for riding.... :)

Thanks for replies guys.....it's good advice and information

Top Bottom