Yikes! Oh No! Thump!

Bike
ST1300 2012
Well, the last ride of the year ended unexpectedly! Topped off the tank at the local gas station and headed back to the house. Drove around the house to the back yard where the bike sleeps for the winter and went to turn a half circle so I could then back into the shed. Did I mention there was a half-inch of crusty snow on the lawn? About halfway through the turn I realized the rear tire was going through the turn faster than the rest of the bike ... THUMP! My son helped me get the bike upright. After parking, I dug the snow and mud out of the left highway peg, hung my head in shame and closed the shed doors. Dang, I was hoping to make it through a year fully upright!

Oh well, ride safe everyone who can!

Scott

(it was the 2012, the 2005 was already comfy in its own shed!)

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Your son will remember that forever........he will be a better rider for it. :bow1:

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Yes... you forgot to put the snow tires on the STeed! Turing tires totally suck on slippery surfaces... as you well know.

st1300doug

ALWAYS happens..........AFTER............. a filling the tank full! Snow/Grass....no better place to drop it..... :)

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Sorry to hear you couldn't keep it up! :(

Thank goodness on the forum, there is a counter to keep track of how many times that happens! (And if you are feeling bad, just look at Jim's(fnmag) above! ;)

OP
OP
sah48
Bike
ST1300 2012
Your son will remember that forever........he will be a better rider for it. :bow1:
He will remember it alright. But he is 31 and has no real interest in riding! He is a single dad and completely devoted to his daughter. He does really enjoy helping me exercise the 9mm collection though!

Last edited:
Top Bottom