Soft Brake Pedal Query

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Get the bike in hand first. Flush the system yourself if you know how to do it and trust your abilities. Go from there.

Everything so far is HE SAYS. Maybe things aren't really as he says.

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
I see that happen often when people try to rebuild their SMC with a kit, rather than purchasing the entire unit.
I believe you are correct thinking that the bore is scored, corroded, or damaged.
Like Dave said, its better to have hands on, to see if things are/were done correctly.
I wish I had a dime for every member who told me his bike had no leaks, or was not leaking coolant, before we started tearing it down to find the truth :rofl1:

Yup, I reckon the SMC is not fully returning after braking. The softness of the rear will be due to the first part of pressure returning the SMC piston to its rest position, That would explain the 'chatter' from the caliper too.
If there was a leak it would be visible.
If the fluid came past the SMC seal that would be visible too.

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Dang, I just posted a response to this thread, but I think I posted it on the attached link. Sorry.
Igofar

This seems to be the exact same problem I'm having with mine except you have written a much better description of the issue than I

Thank you

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom