Found a new battery for my ST1300 (scorpion LiFePO4)

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
I was shopping around for a new battery since the previous owner said he eats a battery about once a year and the battery he had in there was good but it seemed it barely cranked over the ST 1300. I found a battery on batterystuff.com and took pictures of it and it's a perfect fit and it has 387 cold cranking amps compared to stock 180 and seems to do the job very well. just wanted you guys to know about it. It is a scorpion LiFePO4.
Very easy to find on their website. Benefits...it weighs 2# stock battery 8#. Fits perfectly in the bike. Won't sulfate. In the video (if I can upload it) the bike had been sitting out in mid to high 20 degree Fahrenheit weather for two days. Put it in the 60 degree Shop for the 10 minutes it took to put in the battery. Turned over great and fired right up. Will let you know how it goes long term.20161231_134317.jpg

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
I was shopping around for a new battery since the previous owner said he eats a battery about once a year and the battery he had in there was good but it seemed it barely cranked over the ST 1300. I found a battery on batterystuff.com and took pictures of it and it's a perfect fit and it has 387 cold cranking amps compared to stock 180 and seems to do the job very well. just wanted you guys to know about it. It is a scorpion LiFePO4.
Very easy to find on their website. Benefits...it weighs 2# stock battery 8#. Fits perfectly in the bike. Won't sulfate. In the video (if I can upload it) the bike had been sitting out in mid to high 20 degree Fahrenheit weather for two days. Put it in the 60 degree Shop for the 10 minutes it took to put in the battery. Turned over great and fired right up. Will let you know how it goes long term.20161231_134317.jpg
I have had one of these in my Ducati since June of '16. It was expensive IMHO and the terminal bolts were too small as shipped. I fixed that. Otherwise I like it and have experienced no problems. The MMG lithium battery in my ST1300 looks like it was made in the same factory as the Scorpion and cost me about $100 shipped. Got it on Amazon. Be aware that these lithium batteries will do a great job starting your bike, no doubt, but when exposed to a parasitic draw with no external charge, will last only about 1/3 as long as an AGM battery in the same scenario. Your clock and ECU will drain that lithium battery down to a level where it will not start your bike if you let it set for about three weeks without a battery tender applied; I know. I got myself a lithium specific Battery Tender off Amazon for about $25, and switch it between the two bikes about once a week if I am not riding them, no more problems.

Last edited:
OP
OP

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Sound advice. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If your bike eats a battery a year, you better check te charging voltage.
Mine consumes a battery every 2 years, but they last at least about 75.000 km.
I change the battery when I get the feeling starting gets more difficult. I prefer spending 40? on a new battery every 2 years over getting stuck somewhere in the middle of nowhere....

OP
OP

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
My battery life was his battery for one season and then used the same for one season of my use and still going ...needed a new battery for the daughters NC700X and they take the same battery. So slid my old one to her and new one in the ST. The Scorpion specifically states that any modern smart charger is ok to charge it. Will be getting a specific battery tender though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom