Thread: ST1300 - Home Made Accessory Wiring Loom v2

Bike
    ST1300A9 (2013)
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

ST1300 - Home Made Accessory Wiring Loom v2

A good while back I had a conversation with MaxPete following on from my 'Brakes - Avoiding the Pitfalls' article. I happened to mention that I had a fair few articles that I had written up for my own reference and for our club magazine. He reckoned that they ought to go onto the forums - something that I had thought about before, but never quite got round to it.

So - new year's resolution to slowly check through them all and get them posted.

Here is one that I described in general terms in a post before, but Technotrucker PM'd me and asked for more information, so I wrote this document for him.

Basically it is a record of my solution for adding in wiring for 2 heated jackets, a heated seat, and various accessories at front and back - all carefully planned, fused and relayed to come on with the ignition or to come on with accessories. It might be useful for anyone thinking of doing something similar - or even to see how I worked everything out.

Resources are what I have found in the UK, but everything else is still relevant.

Link :- Wiring.pdf

The document is a pdf file, which is available from the above link.
    Last edited by jfheath; 01-20-2017 at 01:18 AM.

2. The Following User Likes This Post:

Bike
    '04 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Re: Home Made Accessory Wiring Loom v2

Thanks very much for this John.
    Barry

Keeping the blue side up.

Bike
    2004 ST1300A
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Re: ST1300 - Home Made Accessory Wiring Loom v2

Quote Originally Posted by jfheath View Post
    A good while back I had a conversation with MaxPete following on from my 'Brakes - Avoiding the Pitfalls' article. I happened to mention that I had a fair few articles that I had written up for my own reference and for our club magazine. He reckoned that they ought to go onto the forums - something that I had thought about before, but never quite got round to it.

So - new year's resolution to slowly check through them all and get them posted.

Here is one that I described in general terms in a post before, but Technotrucker PM'd me and asked for more information, so I wrote this document for him.

Basically it is a record of my solution for adding in wiring for 2 heated jackets, a heated seat, and various accessories at front and back - all carefully planned, fused and relayed to come on with the ignition or to come on with accessories. It might be useful for anyone thinking of doing something similar - or even to see how I worked everything out.

Resources are what I have found in the UK, but everything else is still relevant.

Wiring.pdf

The document is a pdf file, which is available from the above link.
    Do you still have this PDF? I'd like to do a acc to heated seat and lights up front.

John Heath
    (Threadstarter)
    Bike
    ST1300A9 (2013)
    Tip Overs
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.David View Post
    Do you still have this PDF? I'd like to do a acc to heated seat and lights up front.
    It's in the bottom of the first post, and in your quoted reply ! I'll make it a bit clearer - my browser shows it in underlined blue, but I forgot that is not necessarily how it appears on everyone's browser. If you need anything clarifying, just post or PM me. Always happy to help.
    Last edited by jfheath; 01-20-2017 at 01:19 AM.

Bike
    2004 ST1300A
    2017 Miles

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jfheath View Post
    It's in the bottom of the first post, and in your quoted reply ! I'll make it a bit clearer - my browser shows it in underlined blue, but I forgot that is not necessarily how it appears on everyone's browser. If you need anything clarifying, just post or PM me. Always happy to help.
    Thank you for your help. Always good people on this site

+ New Posts