Itunes playlists onto Garmin Zumo?

Bike
09 ST1300
He everyone, I was hoping someone could help me with a tech issue I'm having. I recently purchased a Zumo 660 which has an mp3 player built in and would really like to use it. Problem is I'm an Iphone user so my knowledge of anything other than Itunes on the PC is very limited. I have figured out how to create mp3 versions of my songs in itunes and can easily copy them over to sd card and play on zumo no problem. But I would like to find a solution to send my playlists (and their related mp3 version files) over to sd card for zumo. Is there a 3rd party software that can do this fairly easily?

OhioDeere

Been There, Done That, Got the Shirt.
Bike
06 ST1300
iTunes uses a file to organize the playlist. Your MP3 music files are in an iTunes folder as regular MP3 files. Check in the settings on the menu for the directory path your iTunes folder and files are at. Go directly to that folder and copy your music files over to the sumo in the order you want

OP
OP
gsforster
Bike
09 ST1300
Thanks for the response. I am able to locate the actual music files no problem, and even create mp3 versions for use in the zumo, as my library consists of AAC files. What I want to do is be able to send my playlists (with their respective mp3 files) to the zumo and have the playlist reconfigure so that it points to the files and where they are stored on the zumo.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I don't think the zumos are sophisticated enough to manage playlists. You may be able to approximate this by arranging groups of songs in folders, but at least with my older zumo550, there's no way to navigate the folders from the GPS device. I used folders mostly because placing a large number of loose songs in the base directory causes extremely long boot up times for the GPS.

OP
OP
gsforster
Bike
09 ST1300
I found a brilliant solution and it works like a charm. An open source utility called Itunes Export, it runs on Adobe AIR. This will only work if your Itunes are in mp3 format. Point utility to itunes library on computer, then show it where the garmin sd card is. Tell it to put m3u8 playlists in the /mp3/playlists folder, and copy song files using itunes structure. It will then export the song files and write a new playlist file for the garmin that points it to exactly where to find those files. All my existing itunes playlists transfer over in the exact play order and everything, songs get put into album/artist folder like in itunes too. Yipeeee!!

Top Bottom