Admore Wiring/Givi 47 Suggestions

Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
All

I have a new Givi 47 with the Admore LED light kit. I've completed the wire harness on the bike, but a little stumped on how to run the wires inside the box and where to place the plug.

Any suggestions, pictures, or ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

Joseph

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
My wires run from the top box under the seat to power. I ride an 1100 and it could be a little different. Usually, there is a little flexibility once the seat in placed, for the wires to go underneath anyway.

OP
OP
Joseph
Bike
2012 ST1300
STOC #
Good point, but I already have the power cables set. What I need are some ideas on how to wire the cables *inside* the top case.

Thanks.

Joseph

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Good point, but I already have the power cables set. What I need are some ideas on how to wire the cables *inside* the top case.

Thanks.

Joseph
The timing is uncanny as I just added a p3 connector between my top box and bike 2 days ago, so I could more easily remove my top box, without taking the seat off.
1 wire is ground, the other is constant power since I have 3 leds as a runner. The 3rd wire is for the brake light, bang done.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
If it is of any use to anyone there is a harness made specifically to wire up a top box available at a very reasonable price from Bestem. At this price I didn't bother making my own harness. It has five conductors so it gives you a lot of flexibility in how you want to wire things up. It includes a grommet which makes the hole through the top box waterproof. It also has a waterproof connector which makes it easy to remove the top box. There are installation instructions on their website where you can get good pictures of an idea of where to run the wires. If you open the installation manual there are more pictures. See here.

Last edited:

moddy

the mod
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
For my configuration, the ground and keyed by relay positive, wires were changed out to 14ga to accommodate powering devices, even a 500w inverter if I wanted to.
I rode a long time with only a connection for brake light and runners, now I can power something if needed.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
If it is of any use to anyone there is a harness made specifically to wire up a top box available at a very reasonable price from Bestem. At this price I didn't bother making my own harness. It has five conductors so it gives you a lot of flexibility in how you want to wire things up. It includes a grommet which makes the hole through the top box waterproof. It also has a waterproof connector which makes it easy to remove the top box. There are installation instructions on their website where you can get good pictures of an idea of where to run the wires. If you open the installation manual there are more pictures. See here.
I realize this thread is old but I bought an ST1300 with a Bestem top box that is not wired. I am considering the harness you mentioned. Do you have advice/pictures on connecting to your biks wiring? I am not sure how to do that with or even without the harness you mentioned. Thanks.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I don't have any pictures but there are two easy places that you can tap in to for the wiring connections. One is directly at the rear light bulb sockets. Remove your rear fender and you will have easy access to the sockets for the running and brake lights. The turn signal bulbs are accessed from under the passenger seat.

I tapped in to the wiring harness under the seat because all the wires are there in one location and it is easy to run your new harness from there to the top box. The harness runs along the right-hand frame rail. You will need to cut away some of the black electrical tape that surrounds the harness to get to the wires. So that the original wires remain a continuous and unbroken circuit I did not cut them- I only skinned a bit of insulation off and soldered wire taps to them and then sealed them back up with liquid electrical tape.

The wire colouring that you will be looking for is as follows;
Turn signal, right-hand, power wire is Light blue.
Turn signal, left-hand, power wire is orange.
Brake lights, both, power wire is green with a yellow tracer.
Tail lights, both, power wire is black with a brown tracer.
All the bulbs use a green wire for the ground but you can ground to any convenient location. If you are tapping in under the seat there is an easily accessible ground connector on the frame close to the lower fuel tank.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
I don't have any pictures but there are two easy places that you can tap in to for the wiring connections. One is directly at the rear light bulb sockets. Remove your rear fender and you will have easy access to the sockets for the running and brake lights. The turn signal bulbs are accessed from under the passenger seat.

I tapped in to the wiring harness under the seat because all the wires are there in one location and it is easy to run your new harness from there to the top box. The harness runs along the right-hand frame rail. You will need to cut away some of the black electrical tape that surrounds the harness to get to the wires. So that the original wires remain a continuous and unbroken circuit I did not cut them- I only skinned a bit of insulation off and soldered wire taps to them and then sealed them back up with liquid electrical tape.

The wire colouring that you will be looking for is as follows;
Turn signal, right-hand, power wire is Light blue.
Turn signal, left-hand, power wire is orange.
Brake lights, both, power wire is green with a yellow tracer.
Tail lights, both, power wire is black with a brown tracer.
All the bulbs use a green wire for the ground but you can ground to any convenient location. If you are tapping in under the seat there is an easily accessible ground connector on the frame close to the lower fuel tank.
Thank you so much. Appreciate you sharing your expertise!

Top Bottom