ST1300 oil cooler

Bike
ST1300
Hi,
While I've got the bike in bits for its winter service, I decided to replace the 2 coolant hoses down to the oil cooler as they are looking a bit grim at the bottom end. Its a 2002 ST1300, so the hoses are getting a bit old too. While I'm down there I have removed the oil cooler for inspection and cleaning, and want to replace the O ring before re-mounting it on to the rear crankcase.
The problem is that the O ring seems to be omitted on the Honda parts fiche. Can anyone help me with a part number? The diameter is about 61mm, and thickness of about 3mm.
Thanks

Attachments

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
All I can find in the North American or European parts catalogs is the entire thing as an assembly, which is interesting because they do call for a replacement in the manual. *SHRUG*

You should be able to find a replacement anywhere O rings are stocked. 61x3 is a standard size, but there are a handful of standard widths between 3 and 4 mm, so measure that and the inner diameter with something that will give you a better number than eyeballing it with a ruler. Buna-N rubber should do just fine.

--Mark

OP
OP
Double oh nine
Bike
ST1300
...which is interesting because they do call for a replacement in the manual. *SHRUG*
--Mark
Yeah that's how it appears to me too. I spent a couple of hours searching through the O ring stocks of a local tractor service garage near my workplace this afternoon, found a couple that were very close but none that were perfect. I'll have a search online. Nothing's ever easy eh?

Bike
2010 ST1300
Yeah that's how it appears to me too. I spent a couple of hours searching through the O ring stocks of a local tractor service garage near my workplace this afternoon, found a couple that were very close but none that were perfect. I'll have a search online. Nothing's ever easy eh?
the o ring store Not Missing Link

OP
OP
Double oh nine
Bike
ST1300
Thought I'd let you know how I got on with this. I bought a couple of O rings from simplybearings.co.uk, went for nitrile rings as they had the better temperature resilience. I went for 58mm internal diameter, 3mm cross section and can report they fitted well and are doing the job, the cooler is remounted and oil tight.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Nice work and thanks for the follow up. ;)

Top Bottom