RIP Janis Brock. 1/17/17. (Mrs. Nashcat)

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
With broken heart, I must inform my friends and fellow riders of the passing of my wife, Janis Shelton Brock. She suffered a massive heart attack around noon today, while at home. Efforts to revive her were just not enough to keep her with us. She thought of this group as her family. Riders would forget her name, but none could forget her smiling face. She was always asking about which upcoming events were next on the calendar and just this morning, we were talking about taking a bike vacation to South Carolina, just as soon as the weather would permit.

Some of you know our story. She and I met in the early '70s, dated a while, and then went our separate ways. We kept in touch for many years and reconnected in 2011. We married in March 2013, and have been living the good life ever since. Although she had never been on a bike, she took to riding as if she had been born on the rear seat. Never once, did she complain about rain, cold, long days, or uncomfortable tents. She was my perfect partner, on the road, and anywhere else. She will be missed by many.

Ride Safe
John and Janis

image.jpg

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Wow John....I am so sorry to hear the news. Thinking of you and your family.

Bike
2005 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I've never had the pleasure of meeting either of you, but your posts have been part of what this community, nay family, means to me. You have my heartfelt sympathy and prayers.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
John, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Janis was a very special person to this group and was loved by all she encountered. I always loved seeing her bright smiling face and getting a big motherly hug from her. Always looked forward to seeing you both at events. I know that there no words that I could come up with that can ease your pain. So sorry.
Take care,
Mike

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
My sincere condolences. I lost my wife of 38 years 6 years ago last December. Although she never rode with me on the ST, we took many rides together on my previous bikes. I miss my lady very much, think of her every day.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
John, I am very sad to hear this. That is terrible news and I hope you have some family and friends near you to ease your pain. Please let us know if you need anything.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I'm so sorry to read of your loss. Yes, you are a member of this extended family, and while I've not had the pleasure of meeting you, I have read your posts. I would hope you can get some solace from the support of your friends here.

treemuncher

Vegetation Terrorist
Bike
'07 ST1300A
STOC #
Fali just called me a few minutes ago with the sad news. Della and I are very sorry for your loss. Word can't do much at a time like this but the two of you will be in our thoughts. We certainly shared some good laughs together and had fun.

John, Randy and I are saddened by this terrible news. Janis was such a very dear friend, and I always looked forward to our next event together. It also made us very happy to know that the two of you were so great together. Please do not hesitate to let either of us know if there is anything that we can do. We loved Janis very much. We love you- take care of yourself.

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
John -

I am very sorry for your great loss. Janis was a wonderful person and fun to talk to. I will pray for your strength and peace.

Ray

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Oh John, I am sooooo sorry to hear this sad news.My condolences are heartfelt, however inadequate to the measure of your loss.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I am so sorry for your loss. Just reading your posts, makes those of us who have not met you , feel like we have.
My thoughts are with you and yours.

ToddC

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
Aw Man... Karen and I are very saddened... Damn... We will miss Janis greatly. Karen eagerly looked forward to each event when she heard Janis will be there along with Dana. "The Gold Wing Girls" and "Chill Bumps"
Thanks Randy for letting Karen and I know...

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
John, I'm still at a loss for words. Janis meant a lot to all of that met her and were lucky enough to spend time with her. She was a special lady and I will miss that wonderful smile of hers every time our paths crossed. The picture you posted is a wonderful reflection of how Janice was all the time! Remember if there is anything that I can help with feel free to call. RIP Janis.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
John, I'm very sorry to see this. My prayers go out to you and your family and friends.

Top Bottom