Traded HOGs

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Some day I will learn to stay out of HD Dealerships.

Since reading about the new M8 engine, suspension upgrades, new gearbox, new clutch, new primary and other more minor upgrades, I rode my 2015 Road Glide Special down to the local dealership to see what kind of deal I could get trading on a new one. It turned out much better than expected, and after haggling for 2-3 days, I traded for a 2017 RGS.

The new bike is much smoother, the ride is more like a GW than what you would think a HD is. You can definitely feel the suspension improvements. I never liked the suspension on the older bike. Not as much heat comes off the right side as the catalytic converters are in the mufflers, not in the headers like the 2015.

The new engine is mechanically quieter, with about 75% less vibration at idle. The vibration is almost gone while underway. My butt dyno tells me it has more power, and is definitely quicker in roll-ons. Stock, it actually sounds good.

So far I like it a lot.

Attachments

Bike
2005 ST1300
Good looking machine! Looking at the seat did you buy the "low" version?

I rode some of those but i had pain and pressure where no man wants pain and pressure, if you know what i mean :)

OP
OP
jmcarruth
Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Good looking machine! Looking at the seat did you buy the "low" version?

I rode some of those but i had pain and pressure where no man wants pain and pressure, if you know what i mean :)
It is the stock seat, which will be in the attic this afternoon. I kept all of my aftermarket accessories with the trade. The seat will be replaced with the leather HD "Rallyrunner" from my older bike. That shield, while it looks cool, is worthless. I have an 11" Freedom, also gleaned from the '15, that will replace it.

Top Bottom