Heated Gear Repair

Ashley

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300 09 XR650L
STOC #
Thanks Paul. I hope I don't need them, but I don't have much faith in getting a 'square deal' from the new Gerbing/Glyde if I do have an issue. This at least gives me a choice.
I had to send a jacket back for repair a year or two ago just after new ownership and I was very pleased with service. I was told up front it would cost $20 I believe but turned out to be free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
I especialy like the part where the repair service will bill the mfg. for items still under warranty.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I read someplace that the Gerbing family is making their gear again its under a different name now but they are back in the business

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I had to send a jacket back for repair a year or two ago just after new ownership and I was very pleased with service. I was told up front it would cost $20 I believe but turned out to be free. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It certainly is confusing as it seems to be a moving target. A lot of 'noise' on the Internet about it. I hope I don't have to find out ... ;-)

Bike
2005 BMW RT
I recently returned a wireless controller for repair that was obvious abuse caused by me. They replaced the unit, no charge.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I recently returned a wireless controller for repair that was obvious abuse caused by me. They replaced the unit, no charge.
Ron - I think the big issue is the 'old' Gerbing stuff that had a 'lifetime' warranty on it (not the new stuff) - which was one of the reasons many of us went with that brand. I hope I am wrong if I ever need a repair going forward. My T5 gloves have crapped out twice, and I just recently replaced the connectors that failed myself. I just bought a pair of WarmNSafe gloves just to have a backup.

bikerdrumr

David
Bike
'15 BMW 1200RT
2024 Miles
STOC #
Ron - I think the big issue is the 'old' Gerbing stuff that had a 'lifetime' warranty on it (not the new stuff) - which was one of the reasons many of us went with that brand. I hope I am wrong if I ever need a repair going forward. My T5 gloves have crapped out twice, and I just recently replaced the connectors that failed myself. I just bought a pair of WarmNSafe gloves just to have a backup.
I just posted the thread "Kinda fed up" before reading this. This is my exact issue and thought. I'm frustrated I have yet another issue and I cannot go without heated gear this time of the year. I'm thinking about getting all new stuff. Maybe I should have back-ups as you have.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I bought one of the Tour Master Synergy jacket liners when they first came out. I'm still using it, but I threw away their idiotic controller after the second or thrid burned up. I have modified the liner to a Warm-N-Safe wireless remote controller and love it that way.

I have had to repair connectors a few times, but now this liner is now starting to get a couple of hot spots in the arms and elbows. I've been looking to replace it with a Warm-N-Safe liner because they come with separate wires for the liner and gloves. And speaking of gloves, I'm on my second set of Synergy Gloves too. I still have the first set, but I had to replace the connectors a few times.

I do wished the gloves were a little better at below 40F! But at least my hands aren't pop-cycles after an hour and when I get to work, like they use to be!

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I just posted the thread "Kinda fed up" before reading this. This is my exact issue and thought. I'm frustrated I have yet another issue and I cannot go without heated gear this time of the year. I'm thinking about getting all new stuff. Maybe I should have back-ups as you have.
I came to that conclusion a good while back on back-ups. With the hand problems I have (when they get cold they turn into useless stumps), I would be in deep trouble if mine failed on the road. Fortunately, a board member had some Gerbing Gear in my size that he was selling, so that helped. My 'backup' Powerlet controller failed, so I pitched it and got a WarmNSafe wired controller. I now have three pairs of heated gloves - Gerbing G3, Gerbing T5, WarmNSafe Ultimate Touring, two old style Gerbing jackets, two old style Gerbing pants, two sets of heated intersoles, and a Gerbing controller and a WarmNSafe controller. And if all else fails, I still have my ancient Widder heated gear just in case! :D BTW, I wired up a little coax 'harness' that allows me to plug my gear straight into my heated connection on my ST1100s if the controllers fail - made from the connectors from my old failed Powerlet controller. I like backup of my backup - when you're a long way from the house, it's proven nice to have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom