Left side blinkers and left dash indicator are all dead

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Dirty switch contacts? I don't think the sides are separately fused and I know when I had a bad bulb on mine the dash indicator would come on but would not blink. The other possibility might be a bad or damaged wire for the left side or a dead flasher unit?

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Check the Instrument plugs, make sure one didn't work itself loose.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Clarity - are you saying that the left side turn signals AND the yellow turn signal indicator in the instrument dash do not work but everything else on the left side side does as well as the right side turn signals?

If so then like Jeff starts out saying I think the switch contacts need attention. Mine will do the above (no left hand turn signals at all, no lights on indicator) from time to time and a switch contact cleaning and relube with dielectric grease takes care of it. To check this diagnosis push the turn signal button to the full left and kind of jiggle it there holding fully to the left. You might get the turn signals working again but when you release the button they'll go out.

If it was a bulb or connector then two of the other lights in the LH turn signal circuit would light but not blink.

Top Bottom