Winter time Farkle wish list.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Well the winter in this part of Canada is too long and its time to keep active and show my 1300 some more love. I have just installed the Rostra Cruise and everything seems in order and functions well on the center stand, so I pray for summer and dry roads, but reality says April-May. Anyways I am looking for ideas of what everyone would suggest to throw at my bike based on the experiences with all kinds of farkles in all different areas. This could be driving lights, so what kind, where to mount them etc. Here is my small list that I have added to the stock 2006 ST1300 so far, followed by the list I want or in progress. Cheers!

Rostra Cruise control
Oxford Heated Grips
Helibar Risers
LED Mirror turn signals
Top Box with LEDS
Aux power source to front
Ram mounts X2
STuff STopper
Aux power source to trunk and under rear seat

In Progress...
Russell Day Long seat

Wanted...
MCL highway pegs
Road lighting of some kind?
???

Need a list to keep adding on my great ride. Its still a long winter too get through so I have time.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
A powerlet between the handlebars is great - waterproof and looks very nice. BUT, now you have to buy expensive powerlet plugs and the powerlet to two USB ports is 49.95 USD and is pretty large. When you plan the locations of your power outlets (powerlet or cigarette) consider the things that will stick out of them - how far and will that be a problem.

When you decide on 2" led running lights on the fork legs post the brand here - i want to do that myself.

I like the stick on frame protectors (where your feet/boots will rub), and also the headlight protector (Bike-Quip) - tho that last seems to me to do nothing until you really need it. I suggest an aux. tail/brake/indicator lights. I put strips on my side cases as well as a light bar under the top case platform. Check out admore lighting's LED1614-S-TS. And Redlyne for the brake light strip. I also have the Knight Rider brake light - this REALLY gets attention (customdynamics.com).

Honda's wind deflector set. Some guys swear by this. I like it because it gives me a bit more protection. Downside is somewhat less air flow (cooling) in the summer.

Tailbrights on the back of the side cases - this is just a black reflective stick on to make the back light up when car headlights hit it at night.

Louder horn. Fiamm's are cheaper than Stebel.

Bygdawg's tip over bars for added insurance.

And a gear shift indicator (I have one up for sale now), speedo healer.

Tony Worrall parking brake - a machined gadget that holds the handlebar brake lever in the on position to prevent the bike from rolling - not really a parking brake, but very useful.

TPMS for your tires.

Oberon screw in gas cap - no more key.

Gee, it's fun spending someone else's money.....

Btw, check out recent threads re difficulty getting MCL highway blades. Seems there might be some problems there.

OP
OP
cdnemsguy
Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
A powerlet between the handlebars is great - waterproof and looks very nice. BUT, now you have to buy expensive powerlet plugs and the powerlet to two USB ports is 49.95 USD and is pretty large. When you plan the locations of your power outlets (powerlet or cigarette) consider the things that will stick out of them - how far and will that be a problem.

When you decide on 2" led running lights on the fork legs post the brand here - i want to do that myself.

I like the stick on frame protectors (where your feet/boots will rub), and also the headlight protector (Bike-Quip) - tho that last seems to me to do nothing until you really need it. I suggest an aux. tail/brake/indicator lights. I put strips on my side cases as well as a light bar under the top case platform. Check out admore lighting's LED1614-S-TS. And Redlyne for the brake light strip. I also have the Knight Rider brake light - this REALLY gets attention (customdynamics.com).

Honda's wind deflector set. Some guys swear by this. I like it because it gives me a bit more protection. Downside is somewhat less air flow (cooling) in the summer.

Tailbrights on the back of the side cases - this is just a black reflective stick on to make the back light up when car headlights hit it at night.

Louder horn. Fiamm's are cheaper than Stebel.

Bygdawg's tip over bars for added insurance.

And a gear shift indicator (I have one up for sale now), speedo healer.

Tony Worrall parking brake - a machined gadget that holds the handlebar brake lever in the on position to prevent the bike from rolling - not really a parking brake, but very useful.

TPMS for your tires.

Oberon screw in gas cap - no more key.

Gee, it's fun spending someone else's money.....

Btw, check out recent threads re difficulty getting MCL highway blades. Seems there might be some problems there.
Thanks for all the great ideas. I am reading about MCL and it appears they might have some issues of some sort. I have some things to think about now.

Bike
2005 st1300
Not sure if you are doing powerlet or cig. lighter adapter. I posted this before, i found a local place that has some great clearance items as far as powerlet plugs and cords. This item is for an old iphone and was of no use as is, but i removed the iphone connector from the inline transformer and soldered in a micro USB cord to run my samsung phone (same power specs)...https://www.motorcycleinnovations.ca/iPhone_PowerMount_with_Ram_Mount_p/pbk-012.htm. As a bonus, i got some extra ram mount items. All for 20 bucks. I had trouble just finding that cord for less than $50 in micro USB. In the item description, it says "qualifies for free shipping". i paid $10.00... point is , if there is shipping, it is cheap... $10 anywhere in Canada. Im thinking of grabbing another kit just cause it is so cheap
Here is another cheap kit for a garmin gps with powerlet and ram products
https://www.motorcycleinnovations.ca/Garmin_Nuvi_2xxW_PowerMount_with_Ram_Mount_p/pbk-011.htm
You may want to browse the site. He has some hard to find items, especially for canada. I exchanged a couple of emails with the gentleman and he answered quickly and was very helpful.

OP
OP
cdnemsguy
Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I have searched the forums for that speedo healer and the links provided have errors. Anyone know where i can get a good one, hopefully in Canada or NA at least?

MiSTer TwiSTer

Tim Truax
STOC #
Hey Cdnemsguy!Were you able to start producing Highway wings/blades?
I currently have a set of gen 1 on my 05. the left side wing is broken. I am looking for replacement parts.
thanks

Top Bottom