Heated pants layering?

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I got a great deal on some Gerbing pants, but have a question about layering. When temps are in the 30-40's, I've been getting by with a medium base layer, jeans, and my Tourmaster overpants. I tried on the gear, putting the Gerbings between the base layer and the jeans, and it makes the jeans a little too snug. I guess my next attempt will be a lighter base, then Gerbings, and then some tactical pants, which are thinner and lighter than jeans.

Just wondering what other riders are wearing. I use a heated vest, which on the Wing and ST, is enough with the wind protection, but the legs get a little cool when riding on the Wee.

Thanks and Ride Safe
John

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
John - I usually wear a fleece pair of pants, Gerbing heated pants, then my First gear mesh pants with the liner in. I seldom wear the heated pants unless it is going to be really cold (40f or below) and I am going to be out for a long time.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
Years ago I got a killer deal on jacket, pants, gloves and socks. Someone in FL was selling whole set for $200 on ebay and needless to say they were virtually new. Got a Warm & Safe dual remote Troller to run things.

Anyway, over the years I've found that once your hands and feet are toasty + a warm core the pants were just not necessary and I've only used them 2 or 3 times. When it's below 55 - 60F or so I switch from Airglide pants to non mesh JR Ballistic and with layering (longjohns + jeans) been ok for about 8 hours at 35F. I run the jacket and gloves on one circuit and the socks on the second circuit.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Nashcat said:
it makes the jeans a little too snug.
Another option might be trading your 'skinny' jeans for a size larger jeans or get a 'fuller' cut. Maybe some jeans made by one of the 'specialty' companies like Duluth Trading Company. You'd only need one pair to wear when you're in your heated garb.

Top Bottom