Modification of rear shock

OP
OP
Cvillechopper
Bike
'04 ST1300 - Blue
I'm curious about how far you can raise the forks in the triple clamps. Quick glance looks like the fork tube will hit the underside of the handle bar in less than 1/4 inch, or about 5 mm.
I put a Heli gen 3 riser on so the limiting factor now is fork travel. Don't want to bottom out against the fender. Haven't researched what the limit is but with mine raised 14mm, the steering is very quick. I'm looking forward to lowering the rear to mellow it out a little.

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
I put a Heli gen 3 riser on so the limiting factor now is fork travel. Don't want to bottom out against the fender. Haven't researched what the limit is but with mine raised 14mm, the steering is very quick. I'm looking forward to lowering the rear to mellow it out a little.
Ah, ok risers. That would explain it, thanks.

Bike
2008 ST1300 ABS
Well look at who just posted....haha! On the shock rebuilds, I emailed Traxxion the other day and they say they can do the stock shock. This is what Dan from Traxxion said "We can rebuild, revalve and respring that shock for $360, including custom setup for your weight and riding style and dyno tuning." So I might really look into it. They're about a 100 miles down the road from me. I may make a phone call to double check.

Top Bottom