CT and city comuting - question

spanner

An Aussie BLUE STeed owner
Bike
ST1100A
hello Darksiders,

I ride an ST1100 ABS

I have been thinking about going this direction for a year or so for my IBA rides but as my beaST is also my daily commute do any of you use the CT for this particular role?

My questions relate to that old bogey ..... grip in the corners.

Yeah yeah .... done to death etc BUT ......

...... as 90% of my riding is city riding I am wondering about tyre heat up time and grip in the corners. My commute time is only 15 - 20 minutes but it is windy and sometimes fun on my PR4s.

Also ..... and forgive this question for its ignorance ..... can I get my self a GL1500 wheel and put on the CT and just swap over the whole setup easily to my regular St1100 wheel when doing the city riding?

thank you in advance for once again providing info that I am sure has been put in somewhere in this gigantic forum.

Cheers,

Spanner

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
hello Darksiders,

I ride an ST1100 ABS

I have been thinking about going this direction for a year or so for my IBA rides but as my beaST is also my daily commute do any of you use the CT for this particular role?

My questions relate to that old bogey ..... grip in the corners.

Yeah yeah .... done to death etc BUT ......

...... as 90% of my riding is city riding I am wondering about tyre heat up time and grip in the corners. My commute time is only 15 - 20 minutes but it is windy and sometimes fun on my PR4s.

Also ..... and forgive this question for its ignorance ..... can I get my self a GL1500 wheel and put on the CT and just swap over the whole setup easily to my regular St1100 wheel when doing the city riding?

thank you in advance for once again providing info that I am sure has been put in somewhere in this gigantic forum.

Cheers,

Spanner

My darksided ST1300 is my daily commuter. Plenty of stop and go traffic etc. Once you get used to the behavior on uneven road surfaces that is magnified at slow speeds, you'll have no issues. I can't comment on the wheel swap on a 1100.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
IMHO 28 psi in the CT works best.

I put 35k on my first CT and now at 12k on my second CT. I daily commute 2 hours round trip. 34 degrees in the winter and 115 degrees (F) summer time. freeway, city, country twisties is all good.
You will get better traction, stopping, flotation (gravel/dirt roads), and a smoother ride.

Top Bottom