Slatin Motogear???

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I'm in the market for some new gear and would like to go to gear that is waterproof so I don't have to stop and put a rain suit on and take it off. I know the tried and true Aerostich is an option but was doing some looking to see what else is offered and came across this suit. While its not the most stylish garment out there, neither is the stich.

Does anyone have any experience with this gear? Anyone seen it or looked at it? Obviously the price is much better than a stich, but I'm also not interested in paying $500+ for something and it not being worth it. I just cannot find any first hand rider information on this suit. I don't judge a product by its price alone, just because the stich is twice as much does not mean it that much better to me.

Take a look and give me your thoughts or opinions.

https://www.slatinmotogear.com/pages/ez-1-features

https://www.slatinmotogear.com/products/superfabric-ez-1-armored-motorcycle-suit-light-grey-dark-grey

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Landon I switched to KLIM gear pants and jacket similar price to Aerostitch 100% waterproof tested and proven.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
I've looked at Klim, Motoport, Aerostich, and the Firstgear Kilimanjaro 37.5. Just not sure which way. Want to consider the Slatin gear also.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
FWIW, I've never heard of them. Can't seem to find too many reviews either, and nothing before about Oct. 2016. The guy is/was a marriage counselor and now designs and manufactures motorcycle gear? Sounds fishy to me.

Bike
R1200rt
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.. I usually buy things I need(or just want) when the go on closeout, that's what the real price is. Stores will not sell things at a loss, usually. 600 d/nylon is fairly standard but many jackets are reinforced with 8-1200 denier in impact areas. Don't see any of that in Slatingear.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
FWIW, I've never heard of them. Can't seem to find too many reviews either, and nothing before about Oct. 2016. The guy is/was a marriage counselor and now designs and manufactures motorcycle gear? Sounds fishy to me.
I wouldn't judge him by that. I don't see that being all that much different than other members here that have regular day jobs but might build or design something for motorcycle. His story from what I gathered was he rides motorcycle and wanted good gear that didn't cost an arm and a leg. When he went looking for gear he found a gap that that you could by cheap gear or really expensive gear and he wanted to design and build something to bridge the gap and be more affordable for the average rider.

I cannot imagine how hard it would be to enter this market with a new product in this price range and try to convince riders to buy it. Aerostich has years in the market so we all know its quality and what your getting. Its kind of a gamble to purchase from a new company in the market in my opinion. I would think if I were him I would of found 15-20 high mileage riders and given them a suit in exchange for them to provide a honest review after several months of use.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.. I usually buy things I need(or just want) when the go on closeout, that's what the real price is. Stores will not sell things at a loss, usually. 600 d/nylon is fairly standard but many jackets are reinforced with 8-1200 denier in impact areas. Don't see any of that in Slatingear.
I'm not familiar with it, but they use a product they refer to as superfabric in the high impact areas. Not sure how that compares to 8-1200 denier. I'll look that up and see if I can find anything on it.

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I wouldn't judge him by that. I don't see that being all that much different than other members here that have regular day jobs but might build or design something for motorcycle. His story from what I gathered was he rides motorcycle and wanted good gear that didn't cost an arm and a leg. When he went looking for gear he found a gap that that you could by cheap gear or really expensive gear and he wanted to design and build something to bridge the gap and be more affordable for the average rider.

I cannot imagine how hard it would be to enter this market with a new product in this price range and try to convince riders to buy it. Aerostich has years in the market so we all know its quality and what your getting. Its kind of a gamble to purchase from a new company in the market in my opinion. I would think if I were him I would of found 15-20 high mileage riders and given them a suit in exchange for them to provide a honest review after several months of use.
Disagree... it's all we have to judge him on. Manufacturing a few small motorcycle items on the side that no one else offers is quite a bit different than a full line of motorcycle gear, when the market is already saturated with such. His gear very well may be good stuff, would just be hard for me to buy without a lot of additional information. Minor observations... "SuperFabric" is a registered trademark that he doesn't even acknowledge and he's got a few errors on his website. Again, nothing major, just a few things that move my 'be wary' meter.

Raj_Zin

AKA Steve
Bike
FJR1300A
STOC #
OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Disagree... it's all we have to judge him on. Manufacturing a few small motorcycle items on the side that no one else offers is quite a bit different than a full line of motorcycle gear, when the market is already saturated with such. His gear very well may be good stuff, would just be hard for me to buy without a lot of additional information. Minor observations... "SuperFabric" is a registered trademark that he doesn't even acknowledge and he's got a few errors on his website. Again, nothing major, just a few things that move my 'be wary' meter.
I'm just saying I'm not going to downgrade his product because of his background. Maybe its something he has always wanted to do and now he is old enough and at a place in his life where he developed these products as something for his retirement years. I don't know his full story, but everyone has to start someplace.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Thanks for the link on Superfabric. Anyone have any experience or insight with the Reissa being used for waterproofing? My google skills are not leading me to much, seems a couple other manufactures are using it.

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I'm just saying I'm not going to downgrade his product because of his background. Maybe its something he has always wanted to do and now he is old enough and at a place in his life where he developed these products as something for his retirement years. I don't know his full story, but everyone has to start someplace.
Agree 100%, certainly give him a chance. I hope his gear is good and he makes a go of it. I'd even buy some if his return and warranty policies are good.

paulcb

Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Looks like Klim and others are using this SuperFabric. Seems like a cool product but I read that there are complaints about the SuperFabric scratching paint.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
I saw an interview with the guy, he showed up at the studio on a bike wearing his gear and walked the interviewer through it. He was able to point out the differences and what he believed were the advantages of his design over more established ones such as Aerostich and others. It seems well designed and thought out and you could tell the guy was an enthusiast. It is however manufactured off-shore which is I believe the main reason for the price advantage.

Last edited:

scootac

Will Ride for Food
If it's made 'offshore', how can he mantain any consistency in quality? Samples shown to him could be vastly different than the ones shipped to customers.
Let others be the early adopters, I'd stick with brands I know.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
If it's made 'offshore', how can he mantain any consistency in quality? Samples shown to him could be vastly different than the ones shipped to customers.
Let others be the early adopters, I'd stick with brands I know.
I doubt I currently own a piece of motorcycle gear that isn't made offshore.

scootac

Will Ride for Food
I doubt I currently own a piece of motorcycle gear that isn't made offshore.
Other than my Red Wing boots, me either.
But what I have is brands that I can read reviews of, by riders and publications. Or can ask other riders in person , look at and feel the product.
But it's your $$$.

OP
OP
Landon
Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Other than my Red Wing boots, me either.
But what I have is brands that I can read reviews of, by riders and publications. Or can ask other riders in person , look at and feel the product.
But it's your $$$.
Somebody has to be the leader (tester). Somebody was the first on all those brands you currently wear. It does have a 14 day full refund return if I get it am not satisfied with it when I get it.

Top Bottom