Anyone have a N-line trailer in N California?

Bike
2005 ST1300A
STOC #
Wonder if anyone local (Northern California, SF Bay Area) owns one of these:
http://n-line.com/
I'm trying to see if something I have (travel bicycle case) will fit inside. If so, I'll buy one.
The inside dimensions are close to the width of my case but the trailer wheel intrudes inside.
Let me know, thanks
Bob

Attachments

Trapperdog

R.I.P. - 2022/10/14
Rest In Peace
Bike
09 ST1300 PA
Re: Anyone have a N-line trailer?

Bob, I don't have an inline nor do I know anyone close with one. However, before we purchased our Wags trailer for our dog we contacted the company and they hooked us up with someone close by to see if our dog liked it. Just an idea if no one chimes up here.
Roger

STOC #

I've got something similar... and I'm just down in Hollister:

3.jpg

Behind my F6B is a Uni-Go, single wheel trailer.
Not nearly as big as the one in your link though.

Jim

OP
OP
STOC# 889
Bike
2005 ST1300A
STOC #

I asked the manufacturer, no response. I like the unigo but the bike case is 27 x 32

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3

Go with the harbor freight tag-along trailer I pulled mine over 15k miles with no issues and big enough do your bike case about $300

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour

Nice Nighthawk. You have carpet in your garage? can't tell if that's a garage with the desk/cabinets. Nice looking trailer too, you ever feel like your running out of space with that?

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
The N-Line trailer is NOT the same as a UniGo trailer other than having a single wheel in back. It's bigger and more open at the top. Not that everyone needs bigger. The single wheel doesn't intrude on the interior very much but I can see where you need to know how much. N-Line trailer company is made here in my town of West Des Moines, IA. I stopped by their showroom/factory many years ago. Once or twice a month I ride down their street on my way home from work. They are a small operation so may be slow to reply to any email during this season. Have you tried their phone number? Contact page of their web site. Your bike case is how big? 32"L x 27"W x (what?)High. Per their description page the inside dimensions are 42"L x 28"W x 21"H and just looking at the home page video of the inside I'd be surprised if the wheel well intrudes more than 10" and definitely not that much closer to the top so if your case will fit with the back end up a little it should fit fine. Is it a solid case or soft side case?

STOC #

Nice Nighthawk. You have carpet in your garage? can't tell if that's a garage with the desk/cabinets. Nice looking trailer too, you ever feel like your running out of space with that?
Thanx. I got the nighthawk for my daughter (26 years old) to learn on. The GSXR is my son's (27). The carpeted area of this garage is the two-car portion of a three-car detached garage. We call it the showroom, but it's actually an office area where I worked when I was working from home.

Home 1.jpg

The one-car portion has become the shop now. The real garage is still attached to the house. That's where the cars are kept.

Shop 1.jpg

I haven't gotten any use out of the trailer yet... just got the hitch and wiring installed on the bike last weekend. Looking forward to some excursions though. :)

Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
STOC# 889
Bike
2005 ST1300A
STOC #
Thanks for the responses. I originally put this question in the California sub-forum, I was looking for someone local so I could try fitting my case in the trailer. The case is 32" x 27" x 9". It's like a suitcase, the perimeter it rigid, the sides are soft. The manufacturer replied to another question but I can understand if they do not know if there is a trailer in my area.
That is a beautiful "garage".

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #

Thanx. I got the nighthawk for my daughter (26 years old) to learn on. The GSXR is my son's (27). The carpeted area of this garage is the two-car portion of a three-car detached garage. We call it the showroom, but it's actually an office area where I worked when I was working from home.

Home 1.jpg

The one-car portion has become the shop now. The real garage is still attached to the house. That's where the cars are kept.

Shop 1.jpg

I haven't gotten any use out of the trailer yet... just got the hitch and wiring installed on the bike last weekend. Looking forward to some excursions though. :)

Jim
Hum... I wonder if I can convince my wife to let me build a 3 car garage out back! :D

She said I could build a shed, to work on my bikes with! :)

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

Hum... I wonder if I can convince my wife to let me build a 3 car garage out back! :D

She said I could build a shed, to work on my bikes with! :)
Couldn't you convince your wife that a 3-car garage out back qualifies as a shed?

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour

Home 1.jpg

Shop 1.jpg

Jim
THAT IS AWESOME!!!...... I hate you! lol
Very nice setup.

I rebuilt my detached garage last summer and still tweeking but It's almost there. I've continplated doing something with the concrete floor but really haven't found anything that seems like it would be best. I have my bike lift on the right side with the tool boxes up against the wall, a work bench on the left wall, and the bikes park between the bench and the bike lift with room to walk around them. Shelves across the back wall. My basic goal was to clear the floor as much as possible to keep the clutter down to a minimum.
So far I've been pleased with how it's working out even though it's an unfinished garage it's my man cave and lots better organized and usable than anything I've had in the past.
Thanks for the eye candy,

STOC #

THAT IS AWESOME!!!...... I hate you! lol
Very nice setup.

I rebuilt my detached garage last summer and still tweeking but It's almost there. I've continplated doing something with the concrete floor but really haven't found anything that seems like it would be best. I have my bike lift on the right side with the tool boxes up against the wall, a work bench on the left wall, and the bikes park between the bench and the bike lift with room to walk around them. Shelves across the back wall. My basic goal was to clear the floor as much as possible to keep the clutter down to a minimum.
So far I've been pleased with how it's working out even though it's an unfinished garage it's my man cave and lots better organized and usable than anything I've had in the past.
Thanks for the eye candy,
Thank you.

[Apologies to the OP for the brief hijack here...]

I've learned that it's a lot cheaper to turn an office into a garage, than it was to turn a garage into an office. The previous homeowner had already put in the Formica wood-grain cabinetry, but the carpet, drop-ceiling, lighting, and furnishings were my addition. The best investment I made in all of this was the Bike Lift. I found it on Craigslist from a guy that was moving back to Australia, and got a sweet deal ($150).

Once I put the lift in place, the rest of the shop needed attention. You can see that the back wall (where the window is) is not finished yet... my wife and I used to run a Limousine business out of our home, and I had to push that back wall out two feet so the garage would fit the 72" stretch Lincoln. I just never got around to wrapping it back up with drywall. If you notice... the drywall sheets are leaning against the other side wall.... ah... procrastination always gets the best of me. :)

I lined a good portion of the shop walls in Peg-Board and stuck a bunch of magnetic strips from Harbor Freight on the walls adjacent to the lift. Most of the tools I use regularly are stuck on the wall the rest are in two roll-around tool boxes. I also hung an LED drop light and my Air-Hose reel just above the lift... those are great to just reach up and grab. Lastly, these old bones needed a chair, so I found an adjustable drafting chair on wheels that I can scoot around on. With that, I can put the bike high and the chair low, or the bike low and the chair high, since both are adjustable.

[I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...] :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom