Pic of my almost ready to go Crosstourer

Bike
05 ST
"On the Interstate I didn't notice anything bad at all and the bike stayed straight and true up to 110. I really liked the Crosstourer's planted feel at speed even around and passing big rigs. 70 to 90 is a problem.. You can't tell the difference in speed except for the speedometer reading. :D The bike handles the corners much easier than the ST ever did. It's comfortable and predictable in corners making is easy to go to the edges of the rear tire. It really feels lighter that it is in the corners."

Thumbs up.jpg

OP
OP
Stump

Stump

Site Supporter
Bike
VFR1200X
STOC #
Unintended consequence.. and not even a bad one! I finally got around to buying a new windshield (Cal Sci medium) and a set of Givi crash bars and getting them all installed. I found one engine mount bolt a bit stubborn but all went well and the system looks good. So I obviously need to go out for a drive!

I actually do three.. just to make sure.. And what you ask was the consequence? The bike is noticeably smoother! Especially in the 70 to 85 MPH range. I noted it one up and two up, heavy and light. I drove 200 miles just to check it out. Even the mirrors were less buzzed. I wonder if momma Honda over tightened one or more of the motor mounts during construction? Hmmmmm.

I'm liking the Cal Sci windshield a bunch also.. very quiet, should buffet pretty much gone, and far fewer bugs on the helmet!

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
Had mine out for the first real ride yesterday. Love the DCT. Doing some moderately aggressive riding on suitable roads in my area - joy! The power and the handling are pretty darn thrilling, and I couldn't be more pleased...:D Of course, to appreciate this equipment, one needs to appreciate acceleration;) Btw, does anyone know where that expression, "bat out of hell", came from?

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Gotta admit, I like the DCT on NaNCy. D for all round riding, S for heavier traffic and city riding, manual for the good roads. Still want a bigger tank.

Top Bottom